Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please HELP! Asap!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 06:40 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bm2088hp
Sorry to hear about that dude. Deff get a second key... I think your sister should pay for the locksmith lol.
HAHA i did tell her that but she is stingy..she denies it was her fault, but its all good..a spare key costs 60 bux tho thats too expensive
Old 01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
JimC

the locksmith should be able to cut a new key for you - it doesn't have to be a programmable key just to open the trunk. I have one in my console for that purpose - did the same as you did one time. Just as the trunk lid shut I remembered my keys were in my jacket.

The trunk of the convertible is sealed off from the seats with a metal bulkhead so you can't go through there -and I've had mine apart and couldn't see any opening big enough to maneuver a coat hanger to snag keys left in there.

The "Pop A Lock" locksmith came and picked the lock for awhile but couldn't quite get it all the way with picks so he took some time to look in the lock cylinder and was actually able to cut a key in his van to fit from studying it awhile. He said he couldn't pick it because I had never used the key so it was gummed up and recommended using the key every couple of months and spraying the lock with WD40 to keep it clean. He said WD40 was better than graphite because it will take away the gunk while graphite will gunk it up more.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

This is the DIY trunk release mod.

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/TrunkRelease.htm

If you had access to the interior of the car, you could have just snagged the white wire with the pink stripe and ground it to pop the trunk.

You don't even have to strip the insulation. Just get one of those crimp on wire splicers and splice another wire to the pink/white one.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
the locksmith should be able to cut a new key for you - it doesn't have to be a programmable key just to open the trunk. I have one in my console for that purpose - did the same as you did one time. Just as the trunk lid shut I remembered my keys were in my jacket.

The trunk of the convertible is sealed off from the seats with a metal bulkhead so you can't go through there -and I've had mine apart and couldn't see any opening big enough to maneuver a coat hanger to snag keys left in there.

The "Pop A Lock" locksmith came and picked the lock for awhile but couldn't quite get it all the way with picks so he took some time to look in the lock cylinder and was actually able to cut a key in his van to fit from studying it awhile. He said he couldn't pick it because I had never used the key so it was gummed up and recommended using the key every couple of months and spraying the lock with WD40 to keep it clean. He said WD40 was better than graphite because it will take away the gunk while graphite will gunk it up more.
LOL he did the same and yes i have a spare for the trunk, but i need the key with the chip in order to start the car...lol...but yea he used wd-40 and picked the lock with ease and made a spare and everything...he told me that they charged me xpensive bcause it was their closing time..they closed at three and he came at 2:45 in a rush, but he normally charges 75$ very nice guy tho
Old 01-23-2010, 10:19 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Ugly
This is the DIY trunk release mod.

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/TrunkRelease.htm

If you had access to the interior of the car, you could have just snagged the white wire with the pink stripe and ground it to pop the trunk.

You don't even have to strip the insulation. Just get one of those crimp on wire splicers and splice another wire to the pink/white one.
oh thats a nice/cheap mod! im gunna try this later but i need a more detailed summary..i never get those type of instructions
Old 01-24-2010, 11:13 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by omarV6
HAHA i did tell her that but she is stingy..she denies it was her fault, but its all good..a spare key costs 60 bux tho thats too expensive
LOL! Your sister can never ever come near your mustang again!!!
J/K...
but still

Originally Posted by omarV6
LOL he did the same and yes i have a spare for the trunk, but i need the key with the chip in order to start the car...lol...but yea he used wd-40 and picked the lock with ease and made a spare and everything...he told me that they charged me xpensive bcause it was their closing time..they closed at three and he came at 2:45 in a rush, but he normally charges 75$ very nice guy tho
Lock picking is an interesting art..
Glad you got everything in order though.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Hi Omar,

Sorry I did not see this earlier. Yeah, the trunk release mod is the only way to get into the trunk, the good thing is that it is super easy. All you need is a piece of wire and a sharp razor and you should be able to get into the trunk. Email me or IM me if this doesn't help.

1) remove the fuse cover cover by the right passsenger kick panel. You will see a large bundle of wires. Remove the tape from the bundle and look for the skinny white wire with a thin pink stripe. Strip off a little of the insulation without cutting the wire to expose the copper wire.

2) grab a long piece of wire and strip both ends. Wrap one end around the exposed copper wire you just stripped in step 1.

3) touch the other end of the wire to ground. You will hear a pop. that should be the trunk opening. for now, just remove the wire and tape everything back up.

Like I said, please IM me or email me if you are still having problems. I'll give you my phone number and talk you through it if you need help.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
LOL! Your sister can never ever come near your mustang again!!!
J/K...
but still

Lock picking is an interesting art..
Glad you got everything in order though.

lol...ya she is NEVER going near it again...it cost me too much...besides she has a 93 miata, boooo!!! lol