Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please HELP! Asap!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:15 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Default Please HELP! Asap!

ok, so my sis was taking her stuff out of my trunk and then she comes to me after and says that she cant close the trunk...(reason cause i have the gts blackout lights and its a bit hard to close)

so she leaves the keys in the trunk and asks if i can close it...so i do and i LEAVE the keys inside the trunk...i have no spare keys! and i have a convertible, so is there a way to get to the trunk w/out calling a locksmith?!?!?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

if you can somehow crawl in through your convertible top, then i think you need to call a locksmith. you can get a spare key made at the dealer.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:52 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
if you can somehow crawl in through your convertible top, then i think you need to call a locksmith. you can get a spare key made at the dealer.
ya, i was reading other forums, they say its impossible for a vert to get to the trunk, thanks for the help tho...
Old 01-23-2010, 03:13 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you are ****ed. call the locksmith and get some extra keys
Old 01-23-2010, 03:33 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

i jsut called a locksmith and he says that they charge an average of 180 dollars to drill a hole in the trunk lock....is there any alternatives? can it really be done the right way?
Old 01-23-2010, 04:05 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you are SOL. I'm taking it you don't have an extra fob?
After this, you need to get yourself another key for emergencies, and if you are really into it, get a truck release button kit.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

there is no button in the glove box like my 99 , or are you locked out of the car also? i locked my keys in my car and a key from another ford opend my trunk by playing around with it.infact that worked twice, one with a set of explorer keys and ford ranger keys.

Last edited by sinister99GT; 01-23-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sinister99GT
there is no button in the glove box like my 99 , or are you locked out of the car also?
The '05-'09 does not come stock with a trunk release button in the interior. Ford failed on that one. Apparently Ford likes us coupe owners to crawl through the backseat instead
Old 01-23-2010, 04:46 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
The '05-'09 does not come stock with a trunk release button in the interior. Ford failed on that one. Apparently Ford likes us coupe owners to crawl through the backseat instead
hahaha, i cant even do that! i have a spare of the NEW car alarm, so im not locked out of the car....i got a new alarm cause the old alarm button broke....but i kept the remote bcause of the lock but as you can see, ford didnt want the verts crawlin!!! dammit ford!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:49 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by omarV6
hahaha, i cant even do that! i have a spare of the NEW car alarm, so im not locked out of the car....i got a new alarm cause the old alarm button broke....but i kept the remote bcause of the lock but as you can see, ford didnt want the verts crawlin!!! dammit ford!!!
So you have the old fob and it just doesn't work?
Not sure if I misunderstood the statement, but have you tried changing the battery on the old fob?

Quick Reply: Please HELP! Asap!