Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Quiet

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 AM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

I've also got a set of stock muffs for sale if anyone wants them. Need them out of the garage!!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
AUTO GT because they are quieter then the manual ones.

Damn I forgot about that....lol.

Well, my swap is only meant to be a test anyway.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Does anyone have the stock piping that goes over the rear axle for sale? I need that.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:27 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Damn I forgot about that....lol.

Well, my swap is only meant to be a test anyway.
If someone wanted to go a step even further they could get the gt500(NOT KR) mufflers, which are essentially overpriced V-6 mufflers lol.

From what I gather, they wanted something to really quiet the car down and the GT type were still too loud.. so they went with the sixxers type instead.

Too bad they also carry the GT500 pricetag.. I believe they are $550 on ebay. I looked.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:44 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I'm very curious what the Flowmaster AT Classic would sound like with my headers and H. The youtube videos I've seen are all stock exhaust with them or have an X. It sounds good w/ stock H but I'm afraid with a better flowing midpipe that it'll turn into a BBs-in-a-can sound.
Magnaflow axlebacks/not magnapacks sound good with the L/T, H-pipe set-up. Someone on another forum had a clip of the this set-up. It had a nice deep mellow tone.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

If someone wanted to go a step even further they could get the gt500(NOT KR) mufflers, which are essentially overpriced V-6 mufflers lol.

From what I gather, they wanted something to really quiet the car down and the GT type were still too loud.. so they went with the sixxers type instead.

Too bad they also carry the GT500 pricetag.. I believe they are $550 on ebay. I looked.

Hmm, do want.

I wonder if I can just get two V6 mufflers. Too bad one of them will have piping going the wrong way.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:47 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
Hmm, do want.

I wonder if I can just get two V6 mufflers. Too bad one of them will have piping going the wrong way.
lol believe me, I considered it. But after putting the stock GTs back on, they are still very quiet in comparison to after market.

You could always have a muffler shop fabricate the hangers for you if you go with the sixxers as well as adding some muffler tips to polish up the look.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:16 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
Hmm, do want.

I'm sure you've worked this out by now, but I also wanted to quiet my mufflers. I had boomtubes before as well as SLP Loudmouths. I ended up buying the GT500 takeoffs from Ebay for like 25 bucks total (for both of them). Do a search on Ebay for Greenleafprime. They've got TONS of them on there. That's also where I bought my GT500 wheels for like 450 bucks total.

Anyway, I put the GT500 mufflers on and added some resonators right after my H-Pipe and it's so friggin' quiet you can't hear anything. That's not an exaggeration either. It's quieter than stock BY FAR, and probably quieter than any car I've ever owned.

NOBODY will hear you coming

So, if anyone is pursuing QUIET instead of LOUD AS HELL that's a great route to go.

Last edited by discodave; 07-30-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:03 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ any sound clips?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:55 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

^^ any sound clips?
I don't have any right now but after I pick my car up from my painter tonight I'll take some clips. (getting the flames painted onto my new hood to match the rest of the car).

Quick Reply: Project Quiet