Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, I'm cold!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:36 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

that connector is a pain to mess with too. Just so you know, you need to be pushing down on the left and right side evenly, then push in the center of the back and as the arm sweeps down, it will back itself out. When you put it back in, make sure the arm is swung all the way down, then as you push it it, keep your fingers out of the way and the arm will lock itself back in, or at least almost all the way up. I did it while installing a radio, where it didnt really work right, and that arm wasnt all the way down when I had started to install it, creating a small stand off.

Short of that, if you replaced the resistor, and the motor, why dont you try simpler, like the switch itself. It might still be running just the same as it was before, however now that you replaced the older worn out motor with a new one, it just seems like it is blowing harder.

Good luck. If you go to the dealer out of waranty for it, there gonna charge you quite a bit.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
luvmygt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
its right under the radio behind the position ****
>>that connector is a pain to mess with too. Just so you know, you need to be pushing down on the left and right side evenly, then push in the center of the back and as the arm sweeps down, it will back itself out. When you put it back in, make sure the arm is swung all the way down, then as you push it it, keep your fingers out of the way and the arm will lock itself back in, or at least almost all the way up. I did it while installing a radio, where it didnt really work right, and that arm wasnt all the way down when I had started to install it, creating a small stand off.

Short of that, if you replaced the resistor, and the motor, why dont you try simpler, like the switch itself. It might still be running just the same as it was before, however now that you replaced the older worn out motor with a new one, it just seems like it is blowing harder.

Good luck. If you go to the dealer out of waranty for it, there gonna charge you quite a bit.
<<

Oh ok, thanks again everyone! Gonna check it out as soon as I get a chance