Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy..need some info/advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Bellstang

Default Looking to buy..need some info/advise

Hi guys, just joined. Looking to buy a 2007 GT. I was wondering if I could pick your brains for some info. The stereo in the car is a shaker..question is..should it have a subwoofer in the trunk? There is a **** on the console at my right knee, is that a sub volume control? What is the difference between a deluxe and a premium package? The mirrors don't have lights in them, is this the cheap model or is that the way they all are? The exhaust tips are just regular pipes, I've seen rolled tips, should they be on there? What options should I look for? I have the car for the weekend to make sure that I'll be happy with it. This car only has 3500 miles on it. It's at a dealer. What can I expect to pay? He's asking $24,900. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm making a good decision. I might have a lot more questions as I go along. Thanks a lot.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

there may be an aftermarket sub in the trunk or it is wired for one but normally it wont come with one
unless its the Shaker 1000 then it has a sub in the trunk but the bass is adjusted through the radio

Deluxe and premium, pretty much the premium is going to give you the leather seats and the nicer dash and the my color option where you can change your gauge color

The mirrors dont have lights on them on any model

the nicer tips only come on the better models like the California special or the shelby etc...

i recommend getting a full exhaust with tips to make her purr

if its a 2007, you may want to negotiate the price a bit. it does have low miles but the year does say a lot about the car, its already 3 years old.

feel free to ask questions, this is the right place for them!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:21 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

^^ answered the questions.

As for the price of $24,900, it seems high. Is this a premium GT? If it's not, then its way over priced. You can normally tell, if A. has leather seats B. you see the "info button" on your center console. In the center of the dash, you will see 4 gauges instead of 2, and 2 message screens under the speedo.

You can tell if it has the comfort package if it has heated seats, powered passenger seat, upgraded rear view mirror.

You can tell if it has the security package buy looking where the overhead lights are. You will see two sensors, one on each side covered by a little grid.

Can't really think of anything off the top of my head, but feel free if you have any questions. Also read through the TSB. Not sure if you know about the dreaded water leak. Something to look out for.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Bellstang

Well I did some checking. I can change the color of the guages and I do have an info button on the center dash area. I have 2 interior lights, located right above the rear view mirror, no grids. The passenger seat isn't power and neither seat is heated, however they are leather. The rear view mirror is just a standard mirror. So what do I have here. Sounds like half of a premium pkg. Any ideas on the **** at my right knee area? Looks like some kind of volume control ****. Also wanted to clarify lights in the mirrors. I meant the vanity mirrors. Should they be lighted? Thanks again
Old 01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

It was probably an aftermarket bass **** for an amp man.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

The security and comfort packages are add-ons. So it looks like you may have a standard premium package. Is it a shaker 500 or 1000? Do you have 8 speakers or 4? 4 stock speakers would be deluxe and 8 stock speakers would be premium.

The vanity mirrors.. I believe they did not light up. I have to check on that one.

From what I recall, there is v6, v6 deluxe, v6 pony package, GT deluxe and GT premium. Ford made it so confusing.