Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Covers for our Stangs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
i have both the evolution 4 and a cheaper one from ebay. i like the ebay one better.
it has straps for front and back and a soft inner layer for the paint and is water resistant.
it is also 4 layers like the evolution 4, but the evo 4 is starting to break down
and has dust all over the car when i take it off. the ebay one is lasting longer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...Q5fAccessories
That ebay cover seems incredibly cheap, do you think the quality of it compares to other 150-200 dollar covers?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:28 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Metroshica
That ebay cover seems incredibly cheap, do you think the quality of it compares to other 150-200 dollar covers?
Well, it does say that it comes with a Lifetime warranty, so that is interesting! I just bought one, so I guess in time we will know.
I would advise not to cut a hole in the fabric for your antenna. I just unscrew mine before I put the cover on it. By cutting a hole, you defeat the purpose for having a cover.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

07Stang, did you buy the cover from that exact link? Because it says it's for a Mustang Convertible, not sure if that fits a coupe as well.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

07Stang, did you buy the cover from that exact link? Because it says it's for a Mustang Convertible, not sure if that fits a coupe as well.
I realized that after I made the purchase! Duh! I was so caught up on the craftsmanship and the Lifetime warranty that I totally missed the Convertible part. I just sent the seller a message asking him if he thought it would fit a coupe and if not, that I needed to cancel the order.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Lol, yea, gotta be careful. Keep me updated though on the quality of that cover, I'm very interested.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I've got a california car cover... fits nice and snug, has holes at the bottom for a lock to be put on... $269, more expensive, but works pretty dam good, kept the rain off, dust, sand, was well worth it IMO
Old 02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I am leary of car covers for a DD with the constant on-off procedure. Most car covers are perfect for dirt and other grime to stick. That grime and dirt can then scratch the surface. If the car is being parked for a few weeks or an entire season (winter) at a time they are great. For DD though I'd have my doubts.

it only takes it hitting the ground a couple time to build up enough dirt to really do a number on your paint.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

That's the part thats a PITA, gotta try and keep it clean. out in AZ, it rained a couple of times but mostly was just dusty, so i would clean it every week or so if it got dirty, and it would sit with the cover on until i had to use it again, once i drove it, depending on how far i drove would depend on if i put the cover back on.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Just got a message back from that ebay seller, says that the cover does fit for coupes. Says it fits for various styles, obviously not custom made ONLY to fit our a 2007 coupe, but then again, it's 45 bucks. 07 Stang, I'm going to wait for you to get the and see how it is before I buy one, though I am very interested in it. Not exactly the quality I want, but being a college student and desperately needing one now, I may just buy it and use it for the winter. When summer comes around, along with the money I'll make in the summer, I'll look into getting a better more customized cover.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Just got a message back from that ebay seller, says that the cover does fit for coupes. Says it fits for various styles, obviously not custom made ONLY to fit our a 2007 coupe, but then again, it's 45 bucks. 07 Stang, I'm going to wait for you to get the and see how it is before I buy one, though I am very interested in it. Not exactly the quality I want, but being a college student and desperately needing one now, I may just buy it and use it for the winter. When summer comes around, along with the money I'll make in the summer, I'll look into getting a better more customized cover.
Yeah, I just checked my email and saw that the seller said it would fit both cars. True it's not a custom fit like my Evo 4, but again the Lifetime warranty does sound too good to pass up. From reading the ad, it does sound like it is made like an Evo except for no extra stitching like you get on a custom made cover. Which sometimes is a good thing.
I don't really need it, since I just got a new one, but I may need it in the future.
When it does come, I will let you know my opinion as far as quality. A good cover is going to be stiff where as a cheap one will be like a Wal-Mart cover.

Quick Reply: Covers for our Stangs