Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

add SYNC to 2011 base model

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:55 AM
Ddude122

Hey guys can one of you quickly summarize what to do to make basic bluetooth and streaming work on a base mustang using a 09 kit.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:58 AM
Ddude122

Sorry forgot to mention I have a base 14
Old 08-27-2014, 10:32 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ddude122
Sorry forgot to mention I have a base 14
Sure....

It's extremely simple. Hell, it even walks you through it. Have you tried yet, or read the manual?
Old 12-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Stang With No Name

Hi folks. I know this thread hasn't been active in 4 months but I figured I'd try to get help here before I started a new thread.

A friend installed the 09 Sync Kit in my 2014 Mustang V6 Base. All of the hardware seems to work except the HMI. None of the buttons on it seem to work. As I understand from this thread the voice command button might not do anything without flashing an update to the ASM. But the "OK" and "End call" buttons don't work either.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:28 AM
mbyers

I think those buttons won't work; without the flash (from what I recall following this thread). Not 100% sure about the '14s, but on the 11's, the buttons from that entire side of the steering wheel aren't there so they aren't active in the head unit.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I'm a little late to the party here, so please forgive me if I missed this and it's been asked...

I've got the most basic of base 2014 Mustang GTs. I don't have Sync or Satellite Radio. If I add the Sync module, can I add a satellite receiver for integrated control of my stereo?

If I add Sync, can I add the Raxiom stereo from AM and have Satellite radio through that?
Old 12-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Stang With No Name

Originally Posted by mbyers
I think those buttons won't work; without the flash (from what I recall following this thread). Not 100% sure about the '14s, but on the 11's, the buttons from that entire side of the steering wheel aren't there so they aren't active in the head unit.
Thanks mbyers. You're right. It requires a flash to make the HMI work. My mistake. I misread the post about the HMI on my first readthrough. D'oh on me.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Stang With No Name

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
I'm a little late to the party here, so please forgive me if I missed this and it's been asked...

I've got the most basic of base 2014 Mustang GTs. I don't have Sync or Satellite Radio. If I add the Sync module, can I add a satellite receiver for integrated control of my stereo?

If I add Sync, can I add the Raxiom stereo from AM and have Satellite radio through that?
GLOCKer, unfortunately I don't know. Maybe someone more technically minded can help you with that. I asked a friend with more technical experience than me (but not a forum member) to perform the install. He added the Sync module to the base stereo as that was all I wanted. I use my phone for navigation and I don't have satellite radio. Not very helpful, I know, but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:10 AM
mbyers

GLOCKer, I too cannot offer any help about the satellite radio. When I started this thread, way back, I was trying to decide between Base and Premium, and one of my biggest things was Sync. Satellite radio wasn't part of my wavering; as such it wasn't part of this thread. You might want to start a new thread for that specific topic; that way, being a new you might get more traffic.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:14 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mbyers
GLOCKer, I too cannot offer any help about the satellite radio. When I started this thread, way back, I was trying to decide between Base and Premium, and one of my biggest things was Sync. Satellite radio wasn't part of my wavering; as such it wasn't part of this thread. You might want to start a new thread for that specific topic; that way, being a new you might get more traffic.
Sounds good!

Quick Reply: add SYNC to 2011 base model