Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you get your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:08 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
In early 2004 when Motor Trend came out with pictures of the new S197 Mustang my heart melted and I knew I had to have one!
I carried that issue around Iraq for 12 months. Silver GT with white stripes.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
I carried that issue around Iraq for 12 months. Silver GT with white stripes.
I'm sure I still have it too. I have issues dating back to 1998. All the ones with Mustangs especially the S197, I sat aside.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

I had always been disappointed with the 99-04 Mustang GT. The build quality was spotty, the interior was HORRIBLE, underpowered stock, and handled like a truck. I had never driven an 05+. About a year ago I was driving home in my wife's car (recently sold my Miata) and stopped in to fairly evaluate these newer Mustangs. On the test drive, even before getting it to the exit road, I said out loud "Woah, this isn't terrible." I test drove a few more just to make sure.

Bought a used one about 2 months after that test drive. I was originally looking for a 97-01 Prelude, but the ricers had all ruined them and I didn't want to go back to FWD.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

didnt like my 2004 GT. if i was able to do it over again, i wouldn't have purchased the car. should have kept my pickup truck!

anyway i walked into a few dealers January of 2008, picked the dealer that gave me the best price, ordered my car, and picked it up 2 months later. i have been enjoying it over the past 2 years. hopefully i can take it off the road and use it as a fun car in the near future.

Last edited by StickShifty; 02-19-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:22 AM
WestcoasterRT

Well I have never been a ford fan, worked on a few fords when I was younger and told myself then I would never own a d@&% ford, too hard getting parts off and on.
So for the next 30 years (good god lol) I drove everything but a ford. But when I saw the new body style come out I really fell in love with it,
but still could not see myself owning or driving a ford. Last year in June took the leap… got a 07 V6 mustang…. I was happy with it, but traded it off in December.
Got a hell of a deal on a 08 GT with 9k miles and have never had more fun and loving every minute of it. Taking it down next month for the first big mod, R2300 and can’t
wait to burn the tires off so I can buy a new set and start adding the rest of the mods I have lined up. The heartbeat of America… yeah its driving a Stang!!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:28 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

i went into park way ford in down here and was like here is cash gimmie that white stripped down prem gt with the 5spd. and then i signed paper work and got a free tank of gas.

its gonna become the beater b*tch once i get mah bike thou
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I knew I had to have one when the new body style came out. I already owned a 66 coupe and this was the closest thing that resembled my pride and joy but better due to the fact that it was safer, faster, handling was top notch and it had all the new technology. In 2005 when they first hit the lots I couldn't afford one but vowed that my garage would have one parked in it as soon as I could scrap up the cash. Well, that day came a little over two years ago where I found a 2005 Mustang GT in torch red with a manual transmission and only 8,000 miles. The car was completely stock although that lasted about a week. I now proudly own four mustangs: 1965 fastback, 1966 coupe, 2000 GT and my 2005 GT. As you can see, the collection continues to grow!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
wbk_viper
1st Gear Member

I watched my mustang online on the dealers website for quite a few weeks and watched the price drop a few times...then I found out from a guy that it was scheduled to go to auction the next day and so I went down and made a very aggressive offer....and got it.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:20 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

My situation is freakin long, but Ill try to shorten it because I think its pretty cool. When I was about 12 my dad and I began working on an original Mini, 1977 to be exact. As soon as we bought it I began saving my money, I knew I wanted to make it my car as soon as I turned 16 and I wanted it to be the most badass car around (even if it was a Mini). As I neared 16 I had been working odd jobs and at the local hospital and had actually saved up around $8000. You guys will laugh probably but one of the most popular ways to modify your Mini is to drop a B18 VTec engine in them. I traveled down to a shop in GA called MiniTec, they are one of the leading resources for the engine swap. After we rode in one of their test cars I fell in love and knew this is what I wanted to do. As soon as I got home, I gave them a call to get the shipping lined out for the parts, that night I came home to a Mustang in the driveway.....and my $8000 gone. The test driver at MiniTec scared my mom so bad she didn't want me to get that much power in such a small car, her replacement... a mustang, go figure lol
Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

I bought mine off E-BAY.(Now thats a short story)

Quick Reply: How did you get your Mustang?