Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Packoo

Default Ordering help

This is my first FORD I will buy new...

I am ordering a 2006 Mustang GT on Friday...

As far as paper work, what do I need to ensure I actually get what I order and what do I look out for?

Any and all info is very helpful!

I want this to go as smooth as possible...

thanks in advance,
future GT owner - Packoo

PS- vote on the color, I cannot decide between windveil blue, white, silver and vista blue...
Old 07-28-2005, 12:40 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ordering help

If you are going to order it, go with whatever you want, that's the coolness of ordering. You may want to go with a radio delete, and put your own in, as many people have had issues with the Shaker systems. I have not on mine, however. Order it with 3.73's if you can (not sure), and make sure to get the upgraded dash kit (mycolor rocks!).

Colors? Go with what you want. I personally like HP white, with red stripes, lol. I don't know if they are offering a stripe package on 06's, but I would only get them if they are painted on, vinyl looks and feels cheap. You may want to get the red interior, as they almost cancelled it for 06's, but didn't, so it is almost guarenteed it won't be available after this year. Choices, choices.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Yes, if you have the bucks, go for the red interior and as many special options as you can afford. I also would strongly second the motion to delete the Shaker radio. It's not bad sounding when it works, but there is no bass at normal playing volume.
The main way you will insure receiving a new GT ASAP is if you establish a good relationship with the dealership and with the salesman(saleswoman?) and with their supervisor. If you are insisting on doing some X-Plan or discount stuff, don't hold your breath! I've seen way too many people here expecting to receive their GT for $26,000 when the dealer probably sold it for $30K+!
Be sure to try to see and sit in the car you want in person first. That way there'll be no color surprises, though they may have solved that by trashing Mineral Grey... did they get rid of Sonic Blue too?
Also if you will be financing you may want to add wheels and tires later to avoid paying additional interest on something you'd probably pay cash for. $1000 rims financed for 4-6 years adds up too quite a bit.
Good luck and keep us up to date.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:55 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Now to answer your original question. There is a computer printout of what you order called a DORA. It stands for Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. On that piece of paper, it will list all your options, color, body type etc. It also has the order number that you will need later to check the status of your car through a 800 number. You also need the dealer number, usually 5 digits and a letter when you check on the status. When you call the order hotline and they ask for a dealer code, use that dealer number and drop the letter. Ask your salesperson for the DORA and they will usually give it to you. Checking the status on your own will save you a lot of time and headaches with the dealer. I have heard a lot of dealers don't return calls to their customers who order cars because they don't want to hassle with checking on it for you.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Rotten Rat

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Yes, if you have the bucks, go for the red interior and as many special options as you can afford. I also would strongly second the motion to delete the Shaker radio. It's not bad sounding when it works, but there is no bass at normal playing volume.
The main way you will insure receiving a new GT ASAP is if you establish a good relationship with the dealership and with the salesman(saleswoman?) and with their supervisor. If you are insisting on doing some X-Plan or discount stuff, don't hold your breath! I've seen way too many people here expecting to receive their GT for $26,000 when the dealer probably sold it for $30K+!
Be sure to try to see and sit in the car you want in person first. That way there'll be no color surprises, though they may have solved that by trashing Mineral Grey... did they get rid of Sonic Blue too?
Also if you will be financing you may want to add wheels and tires later to avoid paying additional interest on something you'd probably pay cash for. $1000 rims financed for 4-6 years adds up too quite a bit.
Good luck and keep us up to date.
Yup Sonic Blue is not an '06 color option That was my first choice. Guess I'll have to go with black.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Packoo

thanks for all the help everyone!

05BlueGT, thanks for the DORA heads up...

Leaving right now to order one!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Packoo

Ordered a White GT today...

Now I must wait [&:]