Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

likely hood of a 5.0 in my driveway by the end of may??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
im just not happy with how quit ford is being, No dealer in the area knows, online all says the same thing. its like It could come out tomorrow, or next year, with my luck I will get sick of waiting and buy a 10 then a week later the dealer gets a shipment of 11's.
I assumed you tried Beach Ford? I'm surprised no one could give you a definite answer. They are usually on top of things when it comes to Mustangs.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Is your new one going to look like your "old" one?
LOL, yep. I'm gonna swap wheels/tires/springs/axleback.
I'm undecided on the stripe, but I plan to stay with the black on black look. I ordered another base GT, but with the 3.55's this time.

Most folks won't even realize I got a new car, hahaha.

BTW... Threadjack...I plan to sell my JLT/SCT3 within the next few weeks, if anyone is interested.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
hmm wonder why 6 local dealers have no idea then.

Because telling you information like this doesn't help them sell the 2010s sitting on their lot.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I assumed you tried Beach Ford? I'm surprised no one could give you a definite answer. They are usually on top of things when it comes to Mustangs.
well beach ford was the best, but still not what I was looking for. They told me they are not sure when I can order, but to expect them this spring. Which doesn't help me since thats a 3 month window. I plan to buy through them as they have been the best and most helpful. Plus that dealership is freakin sweet. Must be 200 cars sitting on their lot and that glass dealership with the cafe and media room is cool too. Simple things amaze me lol.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:13 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VRFlip
Because telling you information like this doesn't help them sell the 2010s sitting on their lot.
Very true. You would be amazed at the crap most sales people will tell you. I remember a couple of years ago when I was looking to buy my wife's car that I called around to all the dealerships within a 50 mile radius to find the color combo we wanted. She wanted black on tan. I called this one dealer and the girl there tells me Black was not available any more. I clarified that she meant they didn't have any on the lot, and she says "No, I mean they aren't making that model in black any more, but I have a beautiful white one here for you." Yea, sure, I hung up after that. A couple of calls later I found the color combo we wanted and fairly close to where we live.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Blackbeauty

I had a dealer tell me today that August was the earliest they would see any! By the way, anybody seen the "race red"? Wonder how it compares to the candy red and also the bright red. I've seen the pictures on the internet, but pictures of the same car look very different!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

wait, torch red is gone??? My favorite color. Crap, Dodge gets rid of HEMI orange and now ford gets rid of Torch red?!! I hope race red is the same bright red as torch was.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I remeber the deaer I bought my car from. I asked him about the 5.0. He said he hasn't heard a peep. Then 3 weeks later ford anounces it officially. When I went to get my oil change they guy wouldn't even look at me. I guess he thinks I am ticked at him. lol.

Back to the OP, If you are wanting to run into a dealership when the first '11 hits the lot then you better bring plenty of lube... your gonna need it.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Bleh, my order appears to have been bumped from March 29th to April 5.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:05 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Patience..this time next year they will be 0% with 15 on the lot..thats when i will get one...they will always make mustangs.. unless your money is burning in your pocket.. which i can relate to!

Quick Reply: likely hood of a 5.0 in my driveway by the end of may??