Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

likely hood of a 5.0 in my driveway by the end of may??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

I have been looking since last april. Sold my silverado in november and have the cash to put down. Just kinda waiting it out here. I test drive a camaro 2ss tomorrow as well as a challenger RT but dont expect to be won over, Its just a big purchase that im going to keep for a while and want to be sure I look at every option, im not real brand loyal.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

my guy says alittle b4 summer which he says really means end of june the diesel guy from ford at the f250 open house let the 6.2l out of the bag saying its coming to the gt500 in 2012
Old 03-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

I cant wait to trade the yukon for the 6.7 powerstroke.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
I have been looking since last april. Sold my silverado in november and have the cash to put down. Just kinda waiting it out here. I test drive a camaro 2ss tomorrow as well as a challenger RT but dont expect to be won over, Its just a big purchase that im going to keep for a while and want to be sure I look at every option, im not real brand loyal.
Go ahead and do the test drives, it's a great way to get informed. My personal experience was that I found the Camaro to be too tight on the interior and hard to see out of, and the Challenger was just too big and I couldn't really feel the road. The Challenger uses the Charger / 300 frame and it is just too big for a sports car. The Mustang has good visibility and maneuverability compared to the others. It all boils down to personal opinions anyway.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

test drove them all this morning. Even though I have driven a mustang 3 times already. Made it easier on the front that the challenger is a pig. Way to heavy had no get up and go feeling, and even coming off the express way it felt un stable, interior has stuff from the PT cruiser even. Plus the dealer was pushy. But driving the camaro has made things a bit harder, That 426 hp engine is quite addicting, and I could throw a cam, some headers, heads, intake, and exhaust and put it over 500 hp like I did with the vette. But you have very valid points that I agree with, the interior feels like a bunker, windows are small, but its very solid. But the interior is just bland to me. I could get a yellow with black stripes (like the transformers one which I think is kinda cool) manual, 2SS with RS, sunroof, and what ever else, for 31k.

But here is what still has me hanging on to the mustang. 1, it looks are breath taking on both the inside and the outside, interior feels much better and has more quality, But I do hold my opinion that it also feels like a bunker if you get a dark color, its a tall dash and im 6 foot 2, but its much easier to see out of on the sides and back, and the interior just looks so much nicer, plus the dealer here is wonderful, plus the sentimental value of it replacing my old mustang. only con is either waiting more, or risk of buyers remorse if I get the 4.6. Can get a torch red 4.6 manual with accessory package 5 ( i think, the one with all the cool stuff), HIDS, shaker 1000, comfort, security, and 3.73 (non track pack) for 29k. which is quite a good deal, but Its also hard to think that for 2k more I can jump up to a 6 speed camaro with 111 more HP and not have to wait. Some thinking to do.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

You can get a base 2011 Premium GT for $33695 MSRP. I'll hook you up after that.

The 'Stang will still be 250-300lbs lighter, so the 14hp is a push.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:52 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam I am
You can get a base 2011 Premium GT for $33695 MSRP. I'll hook you up after that.

The 'Stang will still be 250-300lbs lighter, so the 14hp is a push.
don't mean to threadjack, but how can you hook up? i'm thinking of doing a 2011 and i'm close to nevada, so i'm just curious.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:28 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

I think he works for a dealer. By hook us up what are we talking price and timing?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:52 AM
j0nx
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Go ahead and do the test drives, it's a great way to get informed. My personal experience was that I found the Camaro to be too tight on the interior and hard to see out of, and the Challenger was just too big and I couldn't really feel the road. The Challenger uses the Charger / 300 frame and it is just too big for a sports car. The Mustang has good visibility and maneuverability compared to the others. It all boils down to personal opinions anyway.
Agreed. My sister bought a 2010 camaro yesterday and I drove it around to her at the dealers and I just can't drive that car. I'm 6'1" and the top of my hat was scraping against the roof with the seat in its lowest position and I had to hunch in it. That and I absolutely could NOT see out of that car. It is FULL of blind spots. That car is a deathtrap for anyone over 5'9" imo.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:39 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
only con is either waiting more, or risk of buyers remorse if I get the 4.6. Can get a torch red 4.6 manual with accessory package 5 ( i think, the one with all the cool stuff), HIDS, shaker 1000, comfort, security, and 3.73 (non track pack) for 29k. which is quite a good deal, but Its also hard to think that for 2k more I can jump up to a 6 speed camaro with 111 more HP and not have to wait. Some thinking to do.
Before you do anything, check out the Camaro forums and read up on all the problems they have been having with these cars. Although Chevy claims that their fit & finish has improved considerably, that is not what I have seen in the posts. They have had a lot of problems. If you don't mind having issues with all the gremlins, then ignore this. I don't think you will have buyers remorse with a 2010, or 2011 Mustang. Either of those two years will have value for different reasons. The new one for being the 5.0, and the old one for being the last production run of the 4.6. Either way, it's a kick *** car and you will have fun with it. If you MUST have the extra HP, then put your money in the bank and hold out for a couple of months. When the cravings and jitters start gnawing at your insides just take a strong shot of your favorite booze.

Quick Reply: likely hood of a 5.0 in my driveway by the end of may??