Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 mustang gt price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Default 09 mustang gt price?

well, i m thinking selling my 09 mustang gt/cs, it has 7700 miles on it, nothing on the roof, any suggestion?its my DD, i m not going to buy 2010 or order 2011, i just want to sell it for some reason, i try to asked the ford dealer, they wont give me higher than 20k, the highest one was 19k, however, i didnt tell them the car was wreck before, if i did, probly the car will worth less than 16k i guess, but the car does have a clean title, that mean i spend less than 1500 dollars to fix the problem, so its not a big deal i guess? i m asking 23k for the car, is it too much?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear your letting it go. I hope it wasn't your accident that is causing you to sell.

You might want to try to sell it before the '11s hit the lot, the value will plummet again. You will get more from a private sale. Dealership trade in would be your last resort.

I'm not too familiar with '09 pricing, but I would still recommend you do some research on KBB, edmunds, cars.com, etc.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:47 AM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

thank you bro, if i cant get a good deal, i may just keep her, and see what i can do...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
i m asking 23k for the car, is it too much?
This has been quite a discussion lately...especially with the GT/CS guys...I'd say 23K is perfect, considering the accident, for a mint (non-accident) 09 GT/CS with your miles I'd say 22-25K...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Have you looked at your CarFax yet? Are you sure it's on there that you had an accident?

I just traded in my 2006 and the CarFax showed it as having Extensive Damage. It had $11K worth of repairs done to it but you couldn't tell by looking for driving.

They were really hesitant above taking it because they said they could not sell it as a Ford Certified car. Plus they also put a copy of the CarFax on the windshield of all their used cars.

After some negotiation they took it at a price be both thought to be fair considering the condition (MINT) vs. the ugly CarFax.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
nyc-10
1st Gear Member

I just bought a 09 cs/gt convertible new with 1800 miles for 25000 with delivery from ohio to new york
Old 03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Have you looked at your CarFax yet? Are you sure it's on there that you had an accident?

I just traded in my 2006 and the CarFax showed it as having Extensive Damage. It had $11K worth of repairs done to it but you couldn't tell by looking for driving.

They were really hesitant above taking it because they said they could not sell it as a Ford Certified car. Plus they also put a copy of the CarFax on the windshield of all their used cars.

After some negotiation they took it at a price be both thought to be fair considering the condition (MINT) vs. the ugly CarFax.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they give you for the '06?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines

nah, there is nothing show up on the car fax, but my right hand headlight frame(uni-body i guess?) was bent down, like this "/", but not this much, i dont want spend 4000 for fixing this right now, so i just drilling another two holes,and the headlight seats in the new holes perfectly, u cant see anything wrong from the outside, even pop the hood, the only way to see if is take off the headlight. And it also makes the upper front grille more tighter to the middle..., i dont know if this will affect my driving on the hwy or track..but i do hear wind coming in when i was driving over 75mph on the hwy, i m sure that all windows are closed, and i cant even find where the wind come from, ONLY wind sound, so weird... and sometimes, if i driving the same direction as the wind, no sound at all.. so any one know y plz help!! (THE WIND PROBLEM APPEARS AFTER THE ACCIDENT, not after fixing the headlight.)
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they give you for the '06?
$11K ... it was a V6 manual tranny with X-Charger S/C installed. Also had full GT500 body kit comliments of the insurance company when the accident damage was repaired.

If I had paid for the GT500 kit out of pocket ... I would not have traded for $11K ... however I didn't pay for it so I didn't care. I think the KBB was around $9K with a clean CarFax ... so I figure $11K was an ugly carfax and S/C was a good price.

FYI ... The dealer has it for sale for $14K ....

Last edited by dmhines; 03-11-2010 at 08:09 PM.