Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama chips tune!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 11:25 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
I ordered my tunes the 11th, got an email the 16th requesting more info, sent it immediately, and still no tunes. I'm being patient though.
wow, sorry about that, lol seems like i have to wait a while longer. since i ordered mine a bit later
Old 03-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Think I ordered mine about two weeks ago and received an e-mail on a Saturday asking for my tuners serial # and sent it to them last Monday. No real hurry just figure they are busy. I do like that they ask if you want them to call to discuss the tune with you.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
Think I ordered mine about two weeks ago and received an e-mail on a Saturday asking for my tuners serial # and sent it to them last Monday. No real hurry just figure they are busy. I do like that they ask if you want them to call to discuss the tune with you.
I agree, and me personally, I am in no big rush, as long as I get my tune by the end of June so I don't have to swap out my intake for emissions.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Fleming23

Now you guys have me worried. I ordered my C&L Racer & Bama Tune on 3/24. I called Bama on 3/26 because I wanted to make sure I got the right tunes loaded on my SCT. I was hoping to see a box on my door step by the end of the week but from the sound of it that might be wishful thinking....
Old 03-30-2010, 07:15 AM
bigscott
1st Gear Member

Thats just plain bad business. I have spoke with doug on the phone and he seems like a good guy. But this is nooooo way to run a business. Ill be ordering from brenspeed even tho id love a bama tune. At least with them ill get what i want when i want it.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigscott
Thats just plain bad business. I have spoke with doug on the phone and he seems like a good guy. But this is nooooo way to run a business. Ill be ordering from brenspeed even tho id love a bama tune. At least with them ill get what i want when i want it.
I have run into the same problems with am. I ordered 1/4 window louvers and it said they were in stock. Got an email said it would take two weeks. Two weeks went buy so i dropped them an email and they write back stating it may take another 3 to 4 weeks. Im ok with waiting but that is bad business. I understand that some businesses run into problems but taking two months to get a product delivered is a bit long. When i ordered my brenspeed tunes they were here in like 3 days.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Hi, guys! I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. If you send me a pm with your order information, I'll check to see what's holding your tunes up. We've been getting hundreds of tune orders a day, and our tuning department is working incredibly hard to keep up with demand. That means our turnaround time is about 3-5 business days. If you haven't heard from us in that timeframe, please let me know so I can look into your order.

One of the biggest reasons tunes are taking longer than normal is that we are getting a lot of orders that don't include all the information we need. If you're ordering just a tune, please include your device's serial number (this isn't necessary if you bought the tuner from AmericanMuscle, but it never hurts) and fill out the tune information form as soon as your able. If you need a tune for a Diablosport, please make sure you email us the original tune file, since we need it in order to write the new tune.

If you have a question, or a concern about your tune or your order, please let us know. You can send me a pm or call our tuning department directly at 888-226-9764. We're always happy to help.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Ugh, I was so hoping that this move to AM would fix these issues. I don't understand why businesses set unrealistic expectations when they have a pretty good idea that they will be slammed and not be able to deliver to those expectations. I don't think anyone would care AM was telling customers on their website BEFORE they purchased the tunes that due to ridiculous volume, it would take two weeks (or whatever is realistic). Telling someone 3-5 days and then not delivering almost two weeks later (and not updating the customer in any way) is not a great way to retain business.

Up until now I've been relatively silent on the whole Bama Chips customer service stuff, as I never personally have had a problem with the company; they have always been fast and super helpful. It sounds like possibly the curse of the bad customer service has been passed onto AM (at least temporarily...).

EDIT: Of course someone from AM posts as I am typing up my little rant. I think my points are still valid, but I will say that is it nice to have some form of communication from the business. You get back a few points, AM; don't let us down!

Last edited by HypromanGT; 03-30-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

i have received an email, saying that they need my tuner serial number. what bothers me is that they never asked for it before...was i supposed to know already?
i like AM and i will continue to purchase tunes and stuff from them, since they are the cheapest/ and one of the best named tunes out there (now with bama) but they should tell us what to include in the email...

this is what i received from them in the email that came right after i ordered the tune...this is the first email i got from them not the one requesting the tune...they are good about this though,

Dear Omar,

I am writing to inform you your order # xxxxxx, has been placed "On Hold" because we need more information.

Thank you for your custom tune order from Bama Custom Tuning by AmericanMuscle.com

To complete your custom tune order, you will need to visit http://sct.americanmuscle.com, where you can choose to enter your custom tune information or set up a time for your Free Tuning Session for advice from an experienced tuning rep.

Please have the following information handy:

1. TunReferance Number xxxxxx
2. Year & Model of your vehicle
3. Computer Code (Click here to locate your code)
4. Octane Used (If not specified we automatically tune for 93+ for maximum gains, 91+ in CA)
5.Rear Gears and Transmission
6. Stock or Modified
7. Stock/H-/X-Pipe, Stock Catalytic Converters/HFC/Test Pipes
8. Mufflers or Straight-Through/Glasspack-style Exhaust
9. List of all modifications

Once we have this information we can get started on your order. We will also save your information so that the next time you'd like a custom tune our turnaround time will be faster.

Thank you again for your custom tune order, we look forward to hearing from you!

Bama Custom Tuning by AmericanMuscle.com
(866) 727-1266
Bama Custom Tuning Hours: Monday-Friday from 9am to 5:30pm EST

(IT DOESNT say tuner serial number)

Last edited by omarV6; 03-30-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:52 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Should've went with brenspeed.

Quick Reply: Bama chips tune!