Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama chips tune!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HypromanGT
Ugh, I was so hoping that this move to AM would fix these issues. I don't understand why businesses set unrealistic expectations when they have a pretty good idea that they will be slammed and not be able to deliver to those expectations. I don't think anyone would care AM was telling customers on their website BEFORE they purchased the tunes that due to ridiculous volume, it would take two weeks (or whatever is realistic). Telling someone 3-5 days and then not delivering almost two weeks later (and not updating the customer in any way) is not a great way to retain business.

Up until now I've been relatively silent on the whole Bama Chips customer service stuff, as I never personally have had a problem with the company; they have always been fast and super helpful. It sounds like possibly the curse of the bad customer service has been passed onto AM (at least temporarily...).

EDIT: Of course someone from AM posts as I am typing up my little rant. I think my points are still valid, but I will say that is it nice to have some form of communication from the business. You get back a few points, AM; don't let us down!

I here u on that man. Just be honest with a customer. If it takes 2 months just let us know. Seriously how hard is it. Really my work is that way too. They will sell jobs and get us so far behind and then blame us for not getting stuff done. IN the real world u have to service your equipment and break downs do occur. So its funny to me that people who are the ones that are in charge do not understand that. Management in america is becoming terrible
Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by loudnlow
Should've went with brenspeed.
brenspeed is 75 bux

compared with the 50 dollar bama tune..i thought i was doing good
Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by omarV6
i have received an email, saying that they need my tuner serial number. what bothers me is that they never asked for it before...was i supposed to know already?
i like AM and i will continue to purchase tunes and stuff from them, since they are the cheapest/ and one of the best named tunes out there (now with bama) but they should tell us what to include in the email...

this is what i received from them in the email that came right after i ordered the tune...this is the first email i got from them not the one requesting the tune...they are good about this though,

(IT DOESNT say tuner serial number)
The email you got look like the generic one that gets send after all tune purchases automatically. Like Emily stated if you are ordering just a tune they will need your serial number on the device but if they have that on reacord (you ordered the tuner from them before) or are ordering the tuner also, they already have that info and can write the tunes. That is why it was not asked in the email you posted.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
The email you got look like the generic one that gets send after all tune purchases automatically. Like Emily stated if you are ordering just a tune they will need your serial number on the device but if they have that on reacord (you ordered the tuner from them before) or are ordering the tuner also, they already have that info and can write the tunes. That is why it was not asked in the email you posted.
well i see your point, but i ordered the tune that said "if you are not a free tunes for life member"

Edit: oh well, my mistake i guess...
Old 03-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Fleming23

I have not recieved my CAI or loaded tuner yet (only ordered it on 3/24) but I did receive a very quick response from Emily today stating the following;

"I checked on your order for you, it should be shipping out later today or tomorrow for you. Shipping to Georgia usually takes about two to three business days, so you will probably get your order on Friday or Monday. In the mean time, please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always happy to help."

This is exactly the kind of turn around I expected and could not ask for much better customer service.

Last edited by Fleming23; 03-30-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fleming23
I have not recieved my CAI or loaded tuner yet (only ordered it on 3/24) but I did receive a very quick response from Emily today stating the following;

"I checked on your order for you, it should be shipping out later today or tomorrow for you. Shipping to Georgia usually takes about two to three business days, so you will probably get your order on Friday or Monday. In the mean time, please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always happy to help."

This is exactly the kind of turn around I expected and could not ask for much better customer service.
i like it how they are involved in the forums..lol
Old 03-30-2010, 03:00 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigscott
Thats just plain bad business. I have spoke with doug on the phone and he seems like a good guy. But this is nooooo way to run a business. Ill be ordering from brenspeed even tho id love a bama tune. At least with them ill get what i want when i want it.
I totally agree. He's had time issues ever since he became popular with the tunes. It's not a new thing for him. It's also not like every tune is custom, he must have the pcm codes saved on a hard drive for each combo out there. He's done so many, plus he could just modify the ones that ask for it from his saved files, that's just me assuming. Wouldn't that make sense? There are so many owners out there with the same tuner, cai, and transmissions.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by brad281
I totally agree. He's had time issues ever since he became popular with the tunes. It's not a new thing for him. It's also not like every tune is custom, he must have the pcm codes saved on a hard drive for each combo out there. He's done so many, plus he could just modify the ones that ask for it from his saved files, that's just me assuming. Wouldn't that make sense? There are so many owners out there with the same tuner, cai, and transmissions.
very true, but who knows
Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Well I sent my tuner serial # last Monday as requested... and got the same e-mail today asking for it again and my order is on hold. kind of funny.. guess I will send it to them twice this time.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

I never had a problem with bama. I ordered my tune, and got it around 4 days later. In fact, I was even having problems uploading it because due to my ignorance, I downloaded the wrong software. I sent doug an email at midnight saying that I could not get it to work, and round 10 a.m. the next day I had a link with the correct software. I would just say be patient, this is a big partnership. I'm sure they are getting slammed with orders. AM has a very good reputation on this forum. I just don't think it's fair for a few people to post in here "OMFG THIS IS TERRIBLE BIZNESS!!!" based off a couple of tunes taking a while to get out. I think we owe them that respect.

Quick Reply: Bama chips tune!