Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Packages

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Geno

Default Adding Packages

Hi guys,
I ordered my 06 on the 10th of July. I was expecting to find out it would be built around November. I called them friday and found out it would be ready before the end of August! Wow, talk about not being prepared.

I leads me to a question though. After talking to my fellow household members, who will undoubtably need to pull my car out of the driveway on a regular basis i came to this conclusion: I need to buy the automatic transmission package, which i didnt include in my original order. I think i'll be happier with this in the long run anyway, as i find manual shifting to get tedious (its a personal preference, im just not a gearhead)

How long do i have before the build date to modify my order, and will there be any hassles involved? I called the dealership but they said they'd have to get back with me, which is a little spooky. Apparently the person i talked with didnt know how to make changes to an already active order, yay.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:05 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Adding Packages

just get the manual and tell anyone who tries to touch it tough luck
Old 08-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Geno

Well, the problem is my housemates have 3 other cars and we park in a "1 lane" driveway. As much as i hate it, we are constantly blocking each other in so people have to move each other's cars. I really don't want to get woken up at 5:00 just to move my car cause no one else can drive a manual...
Old 08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i have the same problem with my girlfriend's house. she has 3 roommates so everybody is always getting blocked in. i just always make sure i park behind her b/c she knows how to drive stick ( i made a funny) and knows better than to hurt my baby. she already thinks i love my car more than her...i wont confirm it, but i wont deny it. go with the stick and park it in the grass
Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

To answer your question with another question. Did a VIN get assigned to your car? If it has, you are locked into what you ordered. If not, then you change the order up until the time a VIN (serialized) is assigned.

BTW, get stick....they are so much more fun to drive.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Geno

I really don't want to get woken up at 5:00 just to move my car cause no one else can drive a manual...
That's why you move the other cars when you get home in the evening... park your car closest to the house. You'll still do the moving, but not at 5am.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

DON'T compromise what YOU want on YOUR car because someone ELSE might have an issue with it...
Old 08-03-2005, 02:28 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I ordered a stick- fearing the inevitable teaching the wife to drive without 'frying the clutch/rolling into car behind her' thing...sad thing is I'm just about certain once she 'gets it', she'll want one too...maybe she shouldnt learn to drive stick