Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Xtreme Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cidsamuth
Okay, so riddle me this: If you had to guesstimate on db levels, how much louder than stock are the Xtremes and how much the Roush ORs?
Oh man, this is going to be a tough one to answer....first, understand that only a few decibles go a long way, example: i had a previous stereo system that was metered at 139db, i switched to enclosures specific to my subs and increased spl output by 3db....only 3, but it sounded sooooo much louder.

Ok, now, I tried looking but I cannot find what our stock system meters at for db. I have read however that the Corsa Tour system is designed for states where there are db laws and the tour system shouldn't go over 95 db at WOT.

That's another thing I've noticed about the Corsa is they are quiet at idle (still louder than stock idle), but they get significantly louder as you go higher in RPM's.

I don't like to guess on something i'm not really educated on, but what the hell, if I were to guess, I'd say at idle, the Corsa Xtreme system is probably 4-5 db louder than stock and at WOT, maybe like 15db??...

I can tell you we've been mildly experienced with Corsa, the 07 GT we previously owned, had the Corsa sport system and we can definitively say the Xtreme's are noticeably louder than the Sport's were.

How much louder are the Roush than the Corsa's??? I really shouldn't say because i haven't heard in person. Sorry.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I have the Roush O/R but I think I may be switching to the Corsa Extremes. I am tired of dealing with the highway drone... and I do alot of highway driving
I hear ya...don't get me wrong, I love LOUD, but having no drone is super duper nice. My truck is a drone monster....or maybe a drone-ster, whatever, its soooo loud, gets old. I would have loved to put a Corsa system on my truck, but my god, I think the system is around $1,100 or some garbage like that, just a little much for a freakin truck system!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:35 PM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

the roush is a catback and the corsa extreme is an axle back?
now is there any diffrence between that? will the catback give more hp and be better ?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:59 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

So the vid with the Extreme vs. Sport comparison is mine, my dad and I both have Corsa's. For just driving around town, they are both quiet as stock. They do idle a bit louder and are a shade louder on the outside, but inside they sound just as quiet (if not quieter) than stock.

When we've done a side by side WOT acceleration run, his Extremes were louder than mine and have a more aggressive/exotic tone.

Since I've added the supercharger, mine is now louder than his which I assume is a by product of the greater airflow due to the s/c.

At WOT, from my experience the Corsa's are as loud as almost any other chambered system out there. But none of the Corsa's drone at all... they are great for those of us who want a more civilized exhaust tone.

Personally, I took a leap of faith when I bought my Corsa's in early 2008 as I'd never heard them in person. I have been absolutely thrilled with them from day one and will never have anything but Corsa's on my cars from now on.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

You guys are about to talk me out of a bunch of money! I've tried a couple AM axle-backs, one too quiet, one too loud so now I'm gun shy. The idea of louder but no drone is hard to believe. I'm not saying I doubt you guys, just wonder if my idea of drone is different.

The vid of the two different Corsa's is wonderful. I think I prefer the sports but they both sound great.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Here are a few more vids of the Corsa Sports on my car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnUWQd-h6XY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_g2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usIOpx7D-zo (please excuse the Forest Gump voice)
Old 04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Steve that sounds incredible. And really...no drone? I had interior panels rattling at 1600 RPM's with the SSS Adrenalines. Nothing like that?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:03 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Steve that sounds incredible. And really...no drone? I had interior panels rattling at 1600 RPM's with the SSS Adrenalines. Nothing like that?
Thank man. No drone at all...

Last weekend I let my buddy drive my car while I rode with my buddy in his Cobra. My friend flew past us at WOT in my car and I have to say, it sounds badass. I love it. :-)
Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197steve
Thank man. No drone at all...

Last weekend I let my buddy drive my car while I rode with my buddy in his Cobra. My friend flew past us at WOT in my car and I have to say, it sounds badass. I love it. :-)
OK. I told my wife tonight that Corsas are in the near future...it's all your fault!

And BTW, your car is really sweet. The CS package on your MY is gorgeous and the stance/wheels just set it off.