Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

DIY/Cheap mods for the summer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MeanStang08
did you do the welting to your stang? pics?
Yes but I'm currently living at school and my car is at home so i cant get any good pics until i go home sometime in the next few weeks. I have this pic from when i installed the welting though. It looks to match the redfire perfectly

I also have it installed on my dashboard running across the very top where the silver IUP meets the black part. Not a super noticeable area to put it but it looks pretty nice there
Old 04-01-2011, 07:30 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Yes but I'm currently living at school and my car is at home so i cant get any good pics until i go home sometime in the next few weeks. I have this pic from when i installed the welting though. It looks to match the redfire perfectly

I also have it installed on my dashboard running across the very top where the silver IUP meets the black part. Not a super noticeable area to put it but it looks pretty nice there
thanks for the pic.. thats cool, yeah, that matches great.. i feel a little better now that i ordered 2 sets lol.. and that was what i was thinking, to use the extra set on the dash. mines not redfire (dark candy) but its very close.. close enough i don't think it'll matter to the welting.. i guess i'll find out..

i just got back from Rome GA.. TSB fire training school.. beautiful country man...
Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MeanStang08
thanks for the pic.. thats cool, yeah, that matches great.. i feel a little better now that i ordered 2 sets lol.. and that was what i was thinking, to use the extra set on the dash. mines not redfire (dark candy) but its very close.. close enough i don't think it'll matter to the welting.. i guess i'll find out..

i just got back from Rome GA.. TSB fire training school.. beautiful country man...
I originally bought 1 set for the doors then a few months later bought another and did the dash plus i have a good bit left over that i could use if i find somewhere that wont look like its overkill.

Im in Atlanta for school but there is definitely some nice scenery around georgia.

I still need to get around to doing some of these cheap mods! Ill probably order the G2 kit and paint my calipers once im out for summer and a suede headliner is a must since i just bought new leather/suede seats!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
I originally bought 1 set for the doors then a few months later bought another and did the dash plus i have a good bit left over that i could use if i find somewhere that wont look like its overkill.

Im in Atlanta for school but there is definitely some nice scenery around georgia.

I still need to get around to doing some of these cheap mods! Ill probably order the G2 kit and paint my calipers once im out for summer and a suede headliner is a must since i just bought new leather/suede seats!
yeah, i'm concerned about overkill.. i'm not even sure i really want to do the door trim like that.. but i'll play around till i figure out where i want to put it..

oh man, those calipers will look sweet when you're done.. and you have pics on the seats you got? i don't think i have ***** enought to tackle a headliner, i remember putting one in a 66 a friend of mine had, and it liked to killed us.. lol

my bestest cheap mod: power point insert/cover i used an old cellphone charger plug, bought a keychain off e-bay, and RTV'd them together, i think it looks cool..

plus i got another, got a generic oil fill cap, painted it to match and RTV'd one in the middle of it.. kinda matches..
Old 04-01-2011, 09:04 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I also agree to make your engine bay look pretty and stand out from the rest.
I did mine..painted valve covers, throttle body, Strut tower bar, and my engine cover