Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could change something on the 05 you have

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: If you could change something on the 05 you have

ORIGINAL: 05SonicBlue

I wish the radio/message center LEDS would change colors along with the rest of the guages. I hate having blue or red dials clashing with that godawful GREEN . . . . .

Ditto on this one! I was just saying that to my husband yesterday! Also add another vote about the stupid spot of the cupholders in the manual, totally in the way of shifing. I think any place else would have been better.

My # 1 though is the headrest, while it is IMO WAY better than 04, you still can't move it forward/backward just up/down. I can't wear my hair up in a regular pony tail (as a woman who is 4'5" head sits perfectly at rest) or in a bun or anything, so end up chewing my hair all the time when the roof is down....
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FemmeCanuck

ORIGINAL: 05SonicBlue

I wish the radio/message center LEDS would change colors along with the rest of the guages. I hate having blue or red dials clashing with that godawful GREEN . . . . .

Ditto on this one! I was just saying that to my husband yesterday! Also add another vote about the stupid spot of the cupholders in the manual, totally in the way of shifing. I think any place else would have been better.

My # 1 though is the headrest, while it is IMO WAY better than 04, you still can't move it forward/backward just up/down. I can't wear my hair up in a regular pony tail (as a woman who is 4'5" head sits perfectly at rest) or in a bun or anything, so end up chewing my hair all the time when the roof is down....
I am sure there are alot of guys on here that will hold your hair back for you while you drive. j/k. I can not complain about the head rest since I can't pull my hair back into a pony tail. Most everyone has touched on what I would like changed. My number one change would be the message center should have come either standard or an option. Number 2 is the seat back memory, it is a pain in the but because I wusually put my laptop bag in the back seat when I go back and forth to work and is a real pain trying to adjust the seat back to the position that I like 4 times a day. Number 3 would be to put the tilt sterring wheel adjuster back on the side of the steering column like the 02 I once had. Number 4 would be, yes, the cup holders. It looks like there is enough room under the console where the present cup holders are located to lower that part a bit. Other than that, it is a perfect car. Every car is going to have it's flaws but overall, they have done an excellent job with this one.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
mauiboy
2nd Gear Member

Well I'd have to say the Passenger seat height sucks!, no adjustment and when I want to cruz around with any of my kids they can't see over the dashboard, even my wife at 5'ft doesn't like sitting on the floor.
Secondly I believe they could have put the cup holders on the passenger side of the console and give the stick drivers a break from sticking their forearm in their drinks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16389/0D755BFF185A438BA1E23C6BF1C8FB80.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

the door panel storage. Whats the point?

saving this spot for when I have my own to comment.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

the door panel storage. Whats the point?

saving this spot for when I have my own to comment.
Door panel storage? What are you talking about? LOL.

One thing I forgot to mention is no place to put loose change, well I guess that's about the only thing the door panel storage is good for.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:51 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT
One thing I forgot to mention is no place to put loose change, well I guess that's about the only thing the door panel storage is good for.
actually there's a spot inside the center console to organize your loose change. A useless feature, but there none-the-less

Yeah, I completely forgot about the side "storage" in the door panels... you can't even get a CD case in those things!

Still, if my biggest complaint is cupholders and CD storage, then obviously I love my car [sm=gears.gif]
Old 08-04-2005, 07:42 PM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

I know this has been said at least once ..So my .02 is going towards tires ...For a car that has such a mean stance, it sure does have some tiny narrow tires.. oh yeah, cup holders a pain in the butt too
Old 08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

While my long-hair & ponytail days are over, I do think these headrests are goin to be a problem if I were to wear a helmet in the car (which, btw, I get to pick up TOMORROW.) Oh well, I can always have the back of my head flattened.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

lol... I had a ponytail when I first test drove the car. It didn't bother me in the slightest. Maybe it's because I'm taller...

Gotta say, short hair is much easier with the vert
Old 08-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

since people are saying more than one thing... id also add an L shaped shifter instead of this T shaped one for the automatics.... well i guess it wouldnt be L shaped more like a digital 7 but i mean a way to anchor the handle on the right side instead of the center... im tired of shifting into drive with my fingertips.

seat back storage too... nets behind the seats like pouches...

oh an 18 inch versions of these basemodel wheels with the knockoffs... theyre so cool i just wish they were bigger.

somone should summarize all of our complaints.

Quick Reply: If you could change something on the 05 you have