Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what does it mean

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 PM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

Default what does it mean

hey
recently i ve had a problem with the wrench light coming on and when it the car sucks, took it to the dealership and the fixed it i think the reset and reflashed it and that was maybe more than a week ago.

the is good until today i was low on gas i had maybe 40 kilos till its empty and than again the wrench light and the check engine light is on
after turnning the car off and on few time the wrench light is gone but the check engine light is still on.
is this related to the low gas or is there something wrong
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

If the check engine light is on- there's most likely a problem that needs attention. Essentially, the light means the PCM has detected a fault and stored a code.

However, if the light were flashing constantly, that means there's a serious problem that could cause permanent damage. In that particular situation, you should have the car towed.

My advice is to find out what code the computer is throwing and go from there. It could definitely be related to your poor fuel economy.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:19 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

You need to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner, the diagnostic codes will point you to where the fault lies.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:37 AM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

it wasnt flashing i dont think so but it was on
how can i know what errors to check, am taking it to the dealership in a day or so
Old 05-28-2010, 02:50 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

The wrench means its in limp mode. You need to get it serviced ASAP.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:35 AM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

i know its the limp mode and the car feels weird but than i switched on and off for a couple of time and it goes away, they already reset the coputer in the car but the engine light that is still on
Old 05-28-2010, 06:11 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by M7MDGOTHICA
i know its the limp mode and the car feels weird but than i switched on and off for a couple of time and it goes away, they already reset the coputer in the car but the engine light that is still on
Who is they? If I've ever had a glitch where the engine light came on and I took it to the dealer to check things out, they would hook up their scanner to the computer, find out it was nothing, turn the engine light off and I'd be on my way. I think this happened twice in my 2005 GT, but it was nothing more than ridiculous glitches.

Are you sure they reset it and not just read codes?
Old 05-29-2010, 01:41 AM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

they the dealership, they jusr said that there was nothing wrong and they reset the computer with a program cant remeber what its called.
is this a normal thin because i hate when the car just turns into the limp mode it drives like **** and i have to switch if off and on again.
tryin not to drive it that much but meh

you guys think if i order a tune/cai from brenspeed or tillman this will be alright ?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:18 AM
fyerfyter
2nd Gear Member

If your car is under warranty I would hold off of and cai/tune until you get bugs worked out...that gives them a reason to point the finger at you....good luck
Old 05-29-2010, 08:31 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by fyerfyter
If your car is under warranty I would hold off of and cai/tune until you get bugs worked out...that gives them a reason to point the finger at you....good luck
Man, re-size your sig will ya...
It's 250x500, you're 3 times the size, lol.
Thanks