Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance mods to 05???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Performance mods to 05???

ORIGINAL: troyclemens

thanks again for the help. Who is a good dealer for the jba. I buy from jegs and summit for my car, but they aren't real big into this sorta thing

Hi troyc,

I just bought mine directly from JBA Performace, which is JBA's brick and mortar store front and installation shop. Check with Chris or Mike at JBA Performance directly, not JBA exhaust or JBA racing. Call them on the phone for a price, it may be lower than is shown on the website, they cut me a deal when I was there for my Steeda CAI, motor mounts, JBA headers, JBA exhaust Eibachs etc.. There are about half a zillion on-line stores selling JBA headers and exhaust and some have prices that are lower than others. When you are ready to order a salesperson may be more willing to give you a lower price if you come with cash in hand.

Chris just cut me a deal on a full set of Tokico D-Spec struts and rear dampers that saved me $90.00 vs. Steeda's delivered price. So I asked him to get me a set Monday and I went down and picked them up this afternoon, I just got back an hour ago. I'm hoping to find the time to install them this weekend but I have a shoot I'm doing Saturday so who knows.

Cheers
Old 08-11-2005, 12:18 AM
troyclemens
1st Gear Member

thanks, i will give them a call
Old 08-12-2005, 02:18 AM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Nice thread guys...I just came into about 2 grand and have decided to put it into some mods...lookin hard at the RPM e package...Anyone try this complete package yet?..and if so was it worth a grand spent for the extra hp?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:11 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SCstanger

Nice thread guys...I just came into about 2 grand and have decided to put it into some mods...lookin hard at the RPM e package...Anyone try this complete package yet?..and if so was it worth a grand spent for the extra hp?

Hi SC,

Assumming you do all the work yourself or find a friend or car club member to help you install the equipment these are all easy bolt-ons. I know they work as I've dyno'd them or have installed and/or driven them myself. Keep the stock wheels and tires, they are very good and will last you for some time before you out grow them. Start your parts list with a set of Eibach ProKit (lower) or Steeda (lower but not as low), springs, Tokico struts and shocks (all you can buy at the moment that are a good design backed by a good company), and add some slightly higher friction brake pads all around. Next up a steeda CAI and Diablo Predator programer (the X2 is interesting but it's not ready for prime time by a long shot, the software is missing the many of the features they are advertising to match the Predator's capabilites), and finish up your $2K with a Meziere electric water pump, a 160 degree thermostat and a pair of slip on tips from MRT for your stock rear muffs.

Let's see, springs $240, struts/dampers $600, brake pads F/R $200, CAI/Tuner $700, Meziere water pump plus hardware and relay $350. I come up a little bit over at $2,100 or so but you'll have a fine handling car with an honest 330+HP. A nice start down the road to the insanity that overcames us all sooner or later.

Hope this helps!