Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

n20?

Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joutcelt View Post
I have been thinking of doing the whole nitrous thing. It is a much cheaper or shall i say cheaper up front cost. However in my case im out of state for work three weeks at a time and go to the track about 3 times a year. Never race on the street. Scared i'll get a ticket. I have the detroit rocker cam i was wondering if u can have nitrous with cams or are certain cams used for nitrous. Is purging necessary. Read where its more for show. What else is it used for. Blowing out residue or what
Im not to sure but id imagine you would be able to use ntirous if you are cammed. i guess it depends on how aggressive your cams are? you might not want nitrous if your valved are slamming shut to hard or if the intake is not open long enough. if your car runs fine with the cams i think you can use nitrous. Well purging does look cool and yes it is for show there is a purpose to it too. Purging your line get all of the air out of your nitrous line so when you spray its straight nitrous and no air. Air in the line can cause delays kinda like turbo lag and depending on the kit could cause you engine to die or even blow if its a big air bubble then nitrous and more air then more nitrous. If you have a wet kit you dont need to worry about it to much but id still get the purge kit. They do have special show purge kits that have lights where the smoke comes out and it makes it look better. Those provide the same purpose but are pretty much for show.

Hope i helped out and you should go with nitrous its alot of fun
Old 06-29-2010, 01:20 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by U R 11 5 View Post
Im not to sure but id imagine you would be able to use ntirous if you are cammed. i guess it depends on how aggressive your cams are? you might not want nitrous if your valved are slamming shut to hard or if the intake is not open long enough. if your car runs fine with the cams i think you can use nitrous. Well purging does look cool and yes it is for show there is a purpose to it too. Purging your line get all of the air out of your nitrous line so when you spray its straight nitrous and no air. Air in the line can cause delays kinda like turbo lag and depending on the kit could cause you engine to die or even blow if its a big air bubble then nitrous and more air then more nitrous. If you have a wet kit you dont need to worry about it to much but id still get the purge kit. They do have special show purge kits that have lights where the smoke comes out and it makes it look better. Those provide the same purpose but are pretty much for show.

Hope i helped out and you should go with nitrous its alot of fun
yea thanks for you input. I would certainly not go for the lights and the purge kit. I'll have to give brenspeed a call sometime and ask about the cams and nitrous
Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joutcelt View Post
yea thanks for you input. I would certainly not go for the lights and the purge kit. I'll have to give brenspeed a call sometime and ask about the cams and nitrous
No problem. Ya they will be able to tell you for sure. My guess is youll be ok