Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Five days with an eleven

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mschul01
Styling is always so subjective. I'm in the completely opposite camp. If Ford had continued to make the 05-09 body style, I would have never bought another Mustang. I couldn't wait to get an '11 though, and I love it! They addressed all of the things that I did not like about the previous style. The level of refinement on the interior has definately been taken up a notch.

The new hood is AWESOME! How can you not like that?
I’m tall and need to have the seat all the way back. In order to do that the seat must be in a lower position. In the lower position it is harder to see over the 11 hood than the lower 09 hood. I could see over it find on the road but it was harder to maneuver in tight spaces.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Open the cupholder. The lock is at the top of the back wall of the cupholder compartment where it meets the front of the storage compartment.
Thanks, I’ll lock the dang thing.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

ROFL @ interior comment, oh yea it looks jap because it doesn't look like cheap American plastic **** I guess? I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that thinks the new interior is the best looking interior put in a mustang in years.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:30 PM
BQuiz

Originally Posted by 8178A

When driving along at 60 MPH on a road with gentle hills, it seems like the gearing is too high and it doesn’t pull the hills well. You almost need to shift down or get a run at the hills. I don't notice this on my 2010

When you get on it to pass at 60 or so, the auto shifts down OK, but if you floor it, it shifts down to even a lower gear and the engine starts screaming its guts out and not really moving the car very well. In fact it feels like it is slowing down. Same as above...don't really notice this on my 2010.

For some strange reason in the most comfortable seating position my right elbow is in a perfect position to accidently open the center console storage door about 100 times so far. AGREE 100%. It's my biggest gripe about the interior - I hate that button on the center console and do exactly that sometimes.

Don’t care for the new interior design. Looks like it belongs in a Japanese car, not an American made Mustang. Respectfully disagree. I think Ford did a wonderful job of meshing retro styling with modern cues - LOVE the interior. I liked it on 05-09, but like it even better on 10-11.

On rough roads there is a rattle in the center console. Don't have this issue on my 2010...and I'm on lowered suspension with a stiffer rear end...I feel more bumps.

The side mirrors are too small and the hip bulge blocks the view a bit. Would agree that the view is a little blocked, but I wouldn't want the mirrors any larger, or they would look like elephant ears with the lines of the car.
My thoughts in red in your quote...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

I like the 10+ interior... Like mine too, but the 10+ "I" think is better. As for downshifting... why have an automatic anyway???? Tisk Tisk.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
brycerichert
1st Gear Member

Styling is always so subjective. I'm in the completely opposite camp. If Ford had continued to make the 05-09 body style, I would have never bought another Mustang. I couldn't wait to get an '11 though, and I love it! They addressed all of the things that I did not like about the previous style. The level of refinement on the interior has definately been taken up a notch.

The new hood is AWESOME! How can you not like that?

There is no way the Ford can make everybody happy, but I don't think that sales will suffer based on the new design.
Agree 100%. If anything they'll sell more. Had the car had the same interior as the 05-10, I wouldn't have touched it, even WITH the added power. There will be lot's of 05-10 people saying the new style has issues, just like the old bmw 328 guys dissing the new 335i... happens with all groups. The only reason I jumped on this, as another poster commented, was BECAUSE it looked more Japanese/European inside, and not the typical boring, ugly mustang interior.

Good job Ford! I don't think I've laid out a better 40k in my life.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:07 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Center dash rattle, I noticed it also, but only at a certain frequency of vibration.

As for the console door thing, my dealer said the same thing as you guys, but I personally haven't had a problem with it, must be the way I rest my elbow.

The blind spot mirrors are kind of distracting and seem to take up a good bit of mirror space, but I think I'll get used to it.

Happy to see the back seat headrests. After spending a decent amount of time in my friend's 05 back seat and banging my head on the glass on every bump, I'm glad there's a headrest and that Ford was thoughtful enough to have them fold down.

And as for the interior, I haven't thought of it as Japanese looking, but if that means tighter gaps and better materials...then yeah, I guess it is Japanese looking. But with all that said, coming from a beat up fox body, every time I drive it I feel like I'm in an upper echelon luxury car.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 AM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

Lotta ignorance floating around in hurr.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:14 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

we get it that you don't like the car. kudos. I love it, but ain't paying out the nose to get an extra +99 HP over my current car. I'll supercharge my current one when I need a HP equator to make myself feel better.
Originally Posted by 8178A
Auto door locks, but why add that expense on a two door. What the!
what? there is no extra cost involved. it's some simple coding that the Can-Bus network controls via the Inst. Cluster.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:16 AM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

No rattles here. I do like the 05-09 interior for that body style. Looks like a muscle car from back in the day. Just wish the materials were a little higher quality. And I still don't care for my rear.

Quick Reply: Five days with an eleven