Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Five days with an eleven

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8178A
I promised myself that I would keep a open mind about the styling but try as I may I just cannot get any excitement going with the back end. After a few days the front and side view grew on me a bit.
This is my only complaint with the 2010 & 2011 cars. Everything else is great, although I don't like the dash and gauges in the new cars versus the 05-09 body style.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
in the interior i do like the steering wheel and the seats of the 2010-2011 over my car
dont like the vents over mine

exterior, im fine with the 2010-11 cars except the as$ ugly rear end

drive train... hands down... 2011's rule.

so ...is the extra power worth the less than desirable looks? seems to me, if ford would have put the 2011 drive train in the 2005-09 mustang, they could have made em that way for 20 years and had strong sells.
Maybe the 2011 drive train with minor changes to the 05-09 body and it would have been a strong seller for years to come. Although, the public always wants to buy new and different, so hence the massive body change.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by brycerichert
Agree 100%. If anything they'll sell more. Had the car had the same interior as the 05-09, I wouldn't have touched it, even WITH the added power. There will be lot's of 05-09 people saying the new style has issues, just like the old bmw 328 guys dissing the new 335i... happens with all groups. The only reason I jumped on this, as another poster commented, was BECAUSE it looked more Japanese/European inside, and not the typical boring, ugly mustang interior.

Good job Ford! I don't think I've laid out a better 40k in my life.
Fixed. And I agree.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8178A
The auto kept shifting into top gear way before I would with my manual so it often felt like I was lugging the engine.
You should be able to manually disable OD for the auto.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Taskiss
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
No rattles here. I do like the 05-09 interior for that body style. Looks like a muscle car from back in the day. Just wish the materials were a little higher quality. And I still don't care for my rear.
The people that see it after you pass then probably don't like it either.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:22 AM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joutcelt
maybe hideous is a bit strong but i still dont liket the vents
I like the new interior, but like you said I dont like the vents. Rather I dont like the mixing of the vents. I dont like how the sides use a circle, the gauges are circles, but the middle vents are rectangles. I realize they were continuing with the rectangular theme of the center of the dash, but the drastic change from circles to squares really irks me for some reason. Dont get me wrong, I would never NOT buy one for this reason, I just feel like they should have done something different

And for you guys who dislike this bodystyle, I dont think it will be better in '14. I hope it will, but I just dont think Ford will make a better looking car. Hopefully Im wrong
Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CWyler
I like the new interior, but like you said I dont like the vents. Rather I dont like the mixing of the vents. I dont like how the sides use a circle, the gauges are circles, but the middle vents are rectangles. I realize they were continuing with the rectangular theme of the center of the dash, but the drastic change from circles to squares really irks me for some reason. Dont get me wrong, I would never NOT buy one for this reason, I just feel like they should have done something different

And for you guys who dislike this bodystyle, I dont think it will be better in '14. I hope it will, but I just dont think Ford will make a better looking car. Hopefully Im wrong
Go drive on in california traffic, while trying to change the AC, Temp, radio station or volume, the circles **** are great. I love how they stand out from the rest of everything thats rectangular because it makes it alot easy to navigate your hand on there without taking your eyes off the road.

+1 to ford on this interior change =)
Old 08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73

so ...is the extra power worth the less than desirable looks? seems to me, if ford would have put the 2011 drive train in the 2005-09 mustang, they could have made em that way for 20 years and had strong sells.
This is by far one of the dumbest things i have ever read on this forums. I definitely feel like your a moron. No company could ever have a car (without exterior and interior changes) sell STRONGLY for 20 years. Hint why every single model of every single car changes every couple years. Everybody wants change, and everybody embraces change, the ones who don't look like jackasses and stubborn little kids

L2notberetarded

Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
I definitely feel like your a moron.
I try not to jump in these threads real often, but I can't help it this time. When you are going to go through the effort of typing out an entire sentence to profess your opinion that he's a moron, you should try to take out an extra second to not nullify your entire argument by using moronic grammar. It's you're, not your. Moron.

When the entirety of your communication is made via typing, how well you type becomes important - especially when you're insulting the intelligence of others.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

I was insulting his car/salesmen knowledge not his knowledge of grammar =)

Quick Reply: Five days with an eleven