Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What tail-lights are used for the Cervini's tail-lights convertion kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:31 PM
davidfvl

Default What tail-lights are used for the Cervini's tail-lights convertion kit

like alot of us im a fanatic of this sweet looking convertion kit, i called Cervini today and now they want $600 for them, they told me that they only fabricate the casing or (bracket) to make the tail-light fit the rearend and the tail-light by theirself come from another company what tells me that they are just using the tail-lights from another car so im trying to figure out were this tail-lights come from so i can do it myself.....

DOES ANY ONE RECONIZE FROM WHAT MODEL CAR THIS TAIL-LIGHTS COME FROM..... THANKS!!!!!

HERE IS THE LINK WITH THE PICTURES !!!!!

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...group-buy.html
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
davidfvl

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT STYLE IS IM JUST LOOKING FOR THE SAME MODEL MEANING SAME SHAPE OR ANY OTHER TAIL LIGHTS THAT ARE VERY SIMILAR TO THEM... THNAKS
Old 09-08-2010, 04:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It's a duplicate of a 68 Shelby rear end (funny, I just posted that on another thread,lol), which actually burrowed the tail lights from a 64 Thunderbird at the time those cars were made.

Since it's a 3 piece tail light as opposed to one piece from the original, it's totally custom from Cervini.
Looks like you'll have to get it from them regardless...

Last edited by pascal; 09-08-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 AM
davidfvl

see i tried to cooaperate with them but you know what they dont wanna sell me just the taillights and they want me to pay the whole 600 just so i can save the time and have some one else do it! so you know what!, ima make them myself i already found the same bracket on ebay for 40 bucks and all i gotta do is make 5 different led panels, put them on the cover, cut my eom taillights the same size is going to sit and then just shave the borders and then fiberglass with bondo to fill it up.... sand that **** down, paint it and i got everything done for 150, then ima take pictures as i do it and ima make a step by step instruction so u can get it done for 500 bucks less.... booooo these people !!!!!! lol

and ima do it
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Wait, do you have an '05-'09 or '10+? 'cause I see you have a 2000 stang. Welcome to the forums, good to see another member from NY!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah Cervini won't part out little pieces.
They want to get you by the ballz, but a good fabricator can tell them to pound sand.

If I was to do that, I'd get the 68 fiberglass piece that goes all the way across and modify my trunk lid...
Lots of work but that would put all the knock offs to shame, including Cervini.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:23 AM
davidfvl

hey what’s up guys, thanks for the welcome!!!

yes my car is a 00 so I’m going to take it a step further, i already did my measurements and the rear-end of the 05-10 fits perfectly on the 99-04 body EVERYTHING lines up but how the trunk is cut and the part that goes between the taillights is actually narrower but that really doesn’t matter, all I need to do is 2 buy a 05-10 rear bumper, cut the brackets were my 99-04 bumper attaches to the fender and fiberglass that to my 05-10 bumper so it will fit on my rear-end then i use a cutout i have with the same measurements of the 05-10 EOM taillights and shape around that 1 1/2in thick band that goes around the taillights down to the bumper but because i already have the 05 bumper in and the taillights all i have to do is shape just the sides and the top of the band with fiberglass annnnnnnnd walla, all done and with a 99-04, is really simple and really fun 2 do !!!!!!
we all going to pee on this people!!!!! lol