Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another F***ing ding, seriously... C'mon!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Showtime'85

2 days after i had my 09, door ding right on the driver side body line. I was there, and that person will never do that again, to anyone. Blood is not a good color on that guy.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:24 AM
LinkWilliams
1st Gear Member

One day when I first got my car. It was a spring day (lots of pollen). I started to detail my car, and im talking machine polish and everything. I live in a historic district and main street is the place to show your car off. So i parked the car on main street and took my wife to dinner. When we got done dinner we started to walk back to the car when all of a sudden I took off leaving my wife behind because I saw some dumb bi!@h sitting on the hood of my car with fricken bags setting there also!!!!!! When I got there I was raged!!!, Pulled her off the car and shouted this isnt a F!@#ing seat!!!!!! what the F&!k do you think this is? she says in a foreign accent " I was waiting for someone" as she was shaking in her shoes. OMG was so close to hitting her. What do people think? I wouldnt even sit on a dump truck if it wasnt mine. Sorry I just had to put my 2 cents in
Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I have no lie about 15 dings in my passenger side quarter panel, I think somebody intentionally did them all because they just showed up randomnly. I have about 20 in total, some aren't noticeable unless you look at them at an angle.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I've concluded that people are ********. lol
Old 09-22-2010, 07:33 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

There are various products out there to protect the doors. I may have to invest in some;

http://www.autoanything.com/garage-a...A1346A0A0.aspx

http://www.eurobumperguard.com/car_door_protector.html

http://www.topoftheline.com/garage-a...protector.html

http://www.doorshox.com/
Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 AM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

True Story: Years ago when my kids were toddlers, we came out into the Target parking lot just as a thunderstorm was about to hit. I had a kid holding each hand, trying to watch them as people ran to get in cars and speed out of the parking lot. Just then a big gust of wind caught a shopping cart and sent it speeding across the parking lot. My car was sitting by itself 50 yards downhill from the cart. I made a quick mental calculation of trajectory, speed, and slope, and I just KNEW that it was going to slam into my car broadside. So I faced a dilemma: let go of my kids and leave them unprotected in the parking lot while I dived in front of the cart, or stay with the children and accept the worst. I guess I made the right decision. My contribution to the gene pool is assured and my marriage is intact. That cart cost me $1200 though.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by atldave
True Story: Years ago when my kids were toddlers, we came out into the Target parking lot just as a thunderstorm was about to hit. I had a kid holding each hand, trying to watch them as people ran to get in cars and speed out of the parking lot. Just then a big gust of wind caught a shopping cart and sent it speeding across the parking lot. My car was sitting by itself 50 yards downhill from the cart. I made a quick mental calculation of trajectory, speed, and slope, and I just KNEW that it was going to slam into my car broadside. So I faced a dilemma: let go of my kids and leave them unprotected in the parking lot while I dived in front of the cart, or stay with the children and accept the worst. I guess I made the right decision. My contribution to the gene pool is assured and my marriage is intact. That cart cost me $1200 though.
Almost the same scenario happened to me many years ago. I had a 1980 Plymouth Champ that was just painted a few days prior. Because the paint had not fully hardened, the cart didn't knock off any paint but left a nasty dent in the door. I took it back to my body guy and he fixed it at no charge.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by atldave
...I had a kid holding each hand, trying to watch them as people ran to get in cars and speed out of the parking lot. Just then a big gust of wind caught a shopping cart and sent it speeding across the parking lot. My car was sitting by itself 50 yards downhill from the cart. I made a quick mental calculation of trajectory, speed, and slope, and I just KNEW that it was going to slam into my car broadside. So I faced a dilemma: let go of my kids and leave them unprotected in the parking lot while I dived in front of the cart, or stay with the children and accept the worst...
And here I was beginning to envision 2 kids, their feet flapping in the wind, being pulled by your one hand while you ran wild-eyed in terror, tongue hanging out, eyes and bulging other arm outstretched in front of you, at a dead-run to intercept the cart.

Last edited by Nuke; 09-22-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

I really wish Ford would start producing the stuff James Bond had (the ones Pierce Brosnan) If anyone one touched the car it would electrocute them, if anyone banged the car or tried to break in fire would burn their shins off muah hahaha

LMFAO @ 2nd post, a squirrel owned your car lolol that is definitely the funnest image that came to my mind all week
Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
LMFAO @ 2nd post, a squirrel owned your car lolol that is definitely the funnest image that came to my mind all week

Beware of angry squirrels!

Ok.. back on topic

Quick Reply: Another F***ing ding, seriously... C'mon!