Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
dafe

Originally Posted by JDWalton
hard to tell without your zip but seems resonable, looked within 200 miles of little rock, stangs are keeping there value where your at.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

looks good, but the ones your talking about sound good too.

EDIT:
eww.... just saw under the hood though....... lol good luck
Lol, yeah pretty dirty. Only 31k miles though and it's the same price. It's a good looking car. This is the engine bay of the one I'm looking at
Old 09-28-2010, 04:07 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

USUALY, someone that paid that close attention to detail just keeping the engine bay clean, probably did a good job keeping everything up to date on it. Unless there a dirt bag and trying to not get you to look too close at mechanical... lol
Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

offer them 13k
Old 09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

That car is gross in and out... i know its not the one in question here but holy crap. why would they even post pics of that thing like that???

aaaand then i realise that that car is being sold by the exact same dealer i ordered mine from... doesnt suprise me now that i see that...
Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

eh, the one I linked was just the one I found near in price range, and I hadnt looked through the pictures yet, the thumbnail looked good, the rest.... ewww, just forget I suggested it!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:32 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dafe
I know it's the GT Premium with the Shaker 500. I'm not sure about interior or comfort upgrade, how can I tell without the window sticker?
With the security package, you can tell by the dome lights. There will be 2 sensors, one on the left and one on the right. They are motion detection. As for comfort package, the '06 may not have actually had that option. My bad. If it does, it will have the heated seats option, motorized passenger seat. If it has the interior upgrade package, it will have the satin silver dash or there was another option, carbon fiber maybe? and also a metallic plate on the door sill where it reads "mustang".

Edit: also the security package is supposed to come with wheel locks. Either way, if they are or aren't on there, it's no way to tell for sure. Look for the motion sensors to tell other wise. Mine has security but did not come with wheel locks. If there are locks, make sure the car comes with the key LOL.

Last edited by alkemist; 09-28-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
dafe

I'm going for it! I'm excited! It's about 9 hours away so I'll be going to pick it up this weekend and double check for anything mechanically wrong. The dealer is very reputable though so I'm not too worried about it - but I'm taking my Dad (who is a mechanic) with me just in case.

Should have it on friday or saturday though! I'm stoked! Here are some pictures.

Originally Posted by alkemist
With the security package, you can tell by the dome lights. There will be 2 sensors, one on the left and one on the right. They are motion detection. As for comfort package, the '06 may not have actually had that option. My bad. If it does, it will have the heated seats option, motorized passenger seat. If it has the interior upgrade package, it will have the satin silver dash or there was another option, carbon fiber maybe? and also a metallic plate on the door sill where it reads "mustang".
Oh ok cool, did not know that. It does not have heated seats but I think it does have the interior options from the pictures. You can see the metallic plate, and I'm assuming thats the kind of dash trim you're talking about.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

Looks sweet bro congrats! you will have fun with it! Perfect color too

What are your plans as far as mods go? I recommend SLP Loudmouth exhaust first thing!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Congrats and good luck with it. Seems like a great deal to me, considering the prices around me
Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Looks good, and yeah, that would be the interior upgrade package. It looks like you might have the motion sensors but the images are small. I do see some sort of reflection. Enjoy.. and wait till the mod bug hits you...

First 2 things I would do.. get a shorty antenna and a plug for the dash LOL.

Quick Reply: This a good deal?