Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When ordering can u talk them down?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:50 PM
onegoal
Banned

Default When ordering can u talk them down?

I was wondering if you order a Mustang can you still talk them down to around invoice at least or below?

I might have enough at the end of the year to get a GT Deluxe. I just want the security package and auto tranny.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

You can probably easily get them close to invoice but getting below is tougher. Just keep swapping around amongst dealers until you get one to work with you.

I was able to argue mine down from $36310 to $33000.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

The best thing to do is not to be stuck on a particular color or option package. If you find one that's been on the lot for a while you can talk them down quite a bit. I've been using the same sales rep and he always takes care of me, my friends, family even customers I send his way regardless but when I got my car it wasn't my 1st color and wheel choice but it was on his lot for 6 months, not only did i get the Ford incentives but he also gave me 2K off sticker just to get rid of it. Been a Vista Blue fan ever since!

Last edited by SpartaPerformance; 09-30-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:43 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
The best thing to do is not to be stuck on a particular color or option package. If you find one that's been on the lot for a while you can talk them down quite a bit. I've been using the same sales rep and he always takes care of me, my friends, family even customers I send his way regardless but when I got my car it wasn't my 1st color and wheel choice but it was on his lot for 6 months, not only did i get the Ford incentives but he also gave me 2K off sticker just to get rid of it. Been a Vista Blue fan ever since!
he asked about ordering, not buying one off the lot

I was lucky enough to have A plan pricing, so no negotiating and $1k under invoice.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Blue GT Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
I was wondering if you order a Mustang can you still talk them down to around invoice at least or below?

I might have enough at the end of the year to get a GT Deluxe. I just want the security package and auto tranny.
You should be able to as it will be one more car that they won't have to worry about paying the floor plan on plus it will be one more sold unit for them. If you have a trade-in that might work to your disadvantage as they can hide and swap figures all day long.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM
onegoal
Banned

So it might be better not to order a Deluxe and wait until next summer and get a better deal on a 2011 Premium with more features?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 PM
VTECnical

Here in Rhode Island, finding a bunch of dealers/car options is difficult. I just got off the phone with a dealer and they told me that they are not stocking any Brembo equipped cars as that option is too "expensive".

Going into the dealer with information on paper is huge. I bought my '07 Civic Si with market info generated from internet sources like Edmonds.com.

Using that site, I entered in my dream GT... Base GT w/ Bembro and a 3.55 rear. Edmonds says the total cost with destination and options are...

MSRP = $32,585
Invoice = $30,054
Market Value = $31,114

There is already a $1,000 discount available so my target paid price is $30,114. Anything under $30k is a win.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Rebel302
1st Gear Member

I shot an email to my local dealer's internet sales guy & he sent me an email back with a good price qoute for ordering one. The price was about $800 over invoice less any factory rebates that would be in effect at the time of delivery. Try doing that & see what they send ya'. I ending up getting mine for just under invoice thanks to a factory $1,000 rebate on 2011 Mustangs.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

It depends on the dealership but more so on the size of your *********.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:38 PM
VTECnical

Dealers put pressure on sales staff to meet target numbers and hitting a showroom floor at the end of the month helps. Starting with a sales rep on the 2nd to last day and then returning to complete the deal on the last is a good tactic.

Quick Reply: When ordering can u talk them down?