Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with "Priority #"

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 06:39 PM
RutgersFan

Default Help with "Priority #"

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on the specific meanings of the order priority numbers. I ordered my '06 GT vert on 7/1 and have an order confirmation with a priority number of "17". I've seen that members of this and other boards who ordered on or about the same day I did have all been serialized already, and some have even been built or are scheduled to be built in the very near future. Last time I checked with "Chatty Cathy" (two days ago) my order was still "clean/unscheduled/unserialized". This runs counter to the feedback I'm getting from other folks who have all said that their orders were serialized roughly (on average) two weeks after order. What is noteworthy is that their priority numbers are all "12".

I called my dealer and his only response to this was "there's nothing I can do to get this car built any faster". At this point I think he's jerking me around. If other dealerships can get their customers serialized and built in a reasonable amount of time, I need to understand more clearly why mine is unable. If, as I suspect, he's giving me some sort of BS explanation to cover some sort of dealership shenanigans, I need to know that as well so I can cancel my order, get my deposit back, write a nasty letter to Bill Ford and just go buy a damn BMW already.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:44 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Help with "Priority #"

Lots of factors go into when you get scheduled to be built.

ordered 5/11/06
Dora 06/01/06,
Priority 12..

and I'm still C/U. My dealer is also the largest in Georgia and I'm 3rd in line at this dealer ship. So whenever Ford decides to allocate more mustangs to my region and/or dealer. That's when I'll get a build date. Asssuming, my order isn't delayed b/c of part delays, quality control issues, etc. etc.

I doubt your dealer is screwing you over

Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: RutgersFan

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on the specific meanings of the order priority numbers. I ordered my '06 GT vert on 7/1 and have an order confirmation with a priority number of "17". I've seen that members of this and other boards who ordered on or about the same day I did have all been serialized already, and some have even been built or are scheduled to be built in the very near future. Last time I checked with "Chatty Cathy" (two days ago) my order was still "clean/unscheduled/unserialized". This runs counter to the feedback I'm getting from other folks who have all said that their orders were serialized roughly (on average) two weeks after order. What is noteworthy is that their priority numbers are all "12".

I called my dealer and his only response to this was "there's nothing I can do to get this car built any faster". At this point I think he's jerking me around. If other dealerships can get their customers serialized and built in a reasonable amount of time, I need to understand more clearly why mine is unable. If, as I suspect, he's giving me some sort of BS explanation to cover some sort of dealership shenanigans, I need to know that as well so I can cancel my order, get my deposit back, write a nasty letter to Bill Ford and just go buy a damn BMW already.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
How many of the other people on this forum who you are referring to ordered convertibles? The new stang runs on pretty much the same assembly line until they get to the the chassis welding (roof etc) at that point it departs to a seperate one. The fact there are fewer verts being produced than the coupes is one good reason why it's taking longer for your car to show up on the 'ready to build' list.

I'm guessing they build 1 vert for every 3 or 4 of the coupe. That's being conservative on my part. In other words, if there are orders for 20 coupes and 10 verts, it will take them 70-80 cars to get to the 10th vert.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

How it works...

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sho...=priority+code

Althought, this is really talking about trucks.. it is the same with mustangs... same system that is.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:21 PM
The Bandit

Tag for a later read.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:11 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

RutgersFan,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Being from NJ, we might have to wait until Ford decides to allocate more mustangs to our region. My priority number is a 10, which the dealer says is the highest priority he can give an order, but having ordered on 5/13/05 it doesnt seem to be speeding up my order any faster than anyone elses. (As of 8/12 still C&U)

And as far as part delays, I didnt order anything crazy, (No leather, No Shaker system, No alarm, No rims, etc.) its just a standard GT deluxe with an IUP.

I really want this car and I havent thought much of getting anything else, but If I dont get a build date soon, I might just pull my order and buy an used 05 on ebay or something because its getting a little rediculous.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:21 AM
JerryP
2nd Gear Member

I guess I got real lucky. I ordered my car on 8-1 and as of 8-11, it is scheduled to be built the week of the 29th of August. This is what Ford told me after I called the 800 number. I hope the computer is right.