Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i has a problem with the 3.7L Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

This should not be your problem, it is Fords problem. They should provide you with a loaner until the issue is resolved. If this is not an option, ask for a REPLACEMENT. Where's the customer satisfaction???!!!! =-(

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-15-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:55 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tr6nut
Unfortunately, our assumption was the 3.7 was used in previous year Mazdas and Lincolns so it was bulletproof.

Unfortunately, the parts that are failing are the parts they changed for the Mustang.
The mustang is the first application of this motor

Edit: also, I missed the part that they gave it back to you unfixed, I am surprised they didn't give you a loaner, but thats your dealers flaw not the company's. Don't know why you wouldn't buy a ford again, I could see not wanting to go to that dealer again. You should be fine, long term anyway, because all dealer visits are tracked on a global site so even if the dealer tries to screw you, there is proof they gave you back a malfunctioning car.

Last edited by LostBoyz; 10-15-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:55 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I feel for you. I am a long time Ford fan. I have owned both Ford cars and trucks. More trucks than cars though. Ford is notorious for this kind of stuff and then "pushing it back" on the customer. I have had to deal with a couple of times on things like this. For all the good products Ford puts out, they have the absolute WORST PR in the automotive business, and they know it.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
I feel for you. I am a long time Ford fan. I have owned both Ford cars and trucks. More trucks than cars though. Ford is notorious for this kind of stuff and then "pushing it back" on the customer. I have had to deal with a couple of times on things like this. For all the good products Ford puts out, they have the absolute WORST PR in the automotive business, and they know it.
you mean dealers? I usually don't call ford PR when my car isn't working properly.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:40 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

You should go up there TODAY and take care of this.

Don't sit here on the forum and wait til TUESDAY. That's total and complete BS.

What kinda crap is that? That makes me angry. They can't answer your rather SIMPLE questions about the car and wait til TUESDAY to get back to you? FOR WHAT?!?!

Grrr this makes me angry.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:53 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Put the car in park, apply the parking brake and chock the tires. Open the door, start the car. Take a big rock and wedge it against the accelerator putting the pedal to the floor. Go inside sit down and enjoy a nice dinner. After you hear a loud bang, go outside, verify the engine is locked up and call Ford Roadside assistance.

Done.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

@ timmbo
Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

Ha-larious timmbo, you have just bumped crazyassracer as my new quote. also make sure that the dinner is "nice" else it wont work right.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I would suspect that the reason they gave it back to you unrepaired actually has to do with application of lemon law... meaning that they officially haven't attempted the first repair yet, they are hoping to have the final solution in place before attempting the first repair. They only get so many chances to fix the car before it is labeled a lemon, and by not attempting they are giving themselves time. They won't admit this of course, and it does you no good right now.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

This really sucks. I feel for you. Unfortunately, this is business as usual for the AUTO INDUSTRY. Not just Ford.

I have owned/leased more cars than the average Joe. Here are two of my experiences:

I had a 1999 GM Truck. The truck had a tranny problem, cab mounts broke, brakes went out and the injection system failed a half dozen times. More problems than I can type here and GM told me to stuff it. I lemon lawed the truck and they paid hard by the time I was done.

I had 96 Toyota Pickup - less than 50,000 miles the engine blew a timing chain (WTF!?!), and the transmission broke 3rd gear syncro. I took to dealer and they said it was "driver error and abuse". Huh? You mean driving a pickup around town is abuse!?!?!

I fought with Toyota for 2 months and they finally admitted to an oil flow problem on the engine. They replaced the engine and transmission. (Never said why the trans went bad).

I had a Ford Power Stroke that Ford dealer didnt know how to fix a very rough idle. The field engineer came out, quickly found the problem and repair was made. No issue.

I am just saying that the dealers and the auto companies, even foriegn, do not like to own up when they don't know what to do about your problem. They stick their head in the sand and act like the problem will go away if they wait long enough. The ONLY thing that gets their attention is a crap load of noise from the customer. I know that sucks, but it is what it is.

You need to stay on the Ford Rep you talked to. You also need everything in writing, documented, etc. Finally, if they dont come back with a meaningful solution in a reasonable amount of time, then call a lemon law lawyer and stick it to them.

Last edited by FastDEW; 10-15-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: i has a problem with the 3.7L Motor