Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 3.7 problem, chapter 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tr6nut
Actually, Lemon Laws vary from state to state. In Virginia (where I live), if they don't fix the problem in 30 days you become eligible for the lemon law. Also, in VA, if you prevail, the manufacturer pays the attorney fees.

Of course, as they say, your mileage may vary.
I would take it back to the dealer and let it sit there until they fix it. If after thirty days the lemon law takes effect you get a new car. However I bet they fix it before that happens.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:58 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I agree on that this is totally ridiculus.
There is no way you should have to drive around with brand new
friggin car that has a bum engine.

Screw the calm down. You have every right to be absolutey enraged
about this. If they really stand by their product and customers they should put a new
friggin engine in your car and fix the problem AFTER.
They obviously are'nt working on fixing YOUR engine or it would be apart with
workers looking at it right now.

COMPLETE B.S.
You need to stop allowing yourself to be a victim here because you are.
They don't give a crap about your car.
What happens if it takes them 6 months or a year to find and fix this problem on
other cars? You need to stop asking and start demanding.... NOW.
Or else they are going to play you like a friggin fiddle.

Tell them to give you a car that works, or reimburse your hard earned money....NOW.
Amen!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

sooo ummm what's wrong with his car?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:34 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-7l-motor.html
Old 10-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ah okay...I'd say drive it til the engine dies, then get a new engine. As a consumer you abided by what the mfg stated was acceptable.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:45 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I agree on that this is totally ridiculus.
There is no way you should have to drive around with brand new
friggin car that has a bum engine.

Screw the calm down. You have every right to be absolutey enraged
about this. If they really stand by their product and customers they should put a new
friggin engine in your car and fix the problem AFTER.
They obviously are'nt working on fixing YOUR engine or it would be apart with
workers looking at it right now.

COMPLETE B.S.
You need to stop allowing yourself to be a victim here because you are.
They don't give a crap about your car.
What happens if it takes them 6 months or a year to find and fix this problem on
other cars? You need to stop asking and start demanding.... NOW.
Or else they are going to play you like a friggin fiddle.

Tell them to give you a car that works, or reimburse your hard earned money....NOW.
A dealership isn't going to figure out a solution, and its been a week, not 6 months. Be mad all you want, its not going to get you anything. You can be more aggressive and start calling everyday, both the dealership and this zone rep. Theres a big difference between mad and aggressive
Old 10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
A dealership isn't going to figure out a solution, and its been a week, not 6 months. Be mad all you want, its not going to get you anything. You can be more aggressive and start calling everyday, both the dealership and this zone rep. Theres a big difference between mad and aggressive
+1 something else to perhaps consider. Have you asked the dealer what you should do? (I believe you said they wanted to give you the car back "as-is"), Simply ask, will it void your warranty?

If not, get something like a service sheet from them with the diagnosis and their solution to the problem. If they refuse then you have a reason to be leary of what they're telling you. If not, there's not much else you can do. Perhaps a different dealer?

And like was stated in the other thread that was closed. This is only one side of the story.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:11 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
+1 something else to perhaps consider. Have you asked the dealer what you should do? (I believe you said they wanted to give you the car back "as-is"), Simply ask, will it void your warranty?

If not, get something like a service sheet from them with the diagnosis and their solution to the problem. If they refuse then you have a reason to be leary of what they're telling you. If not, there's not much else you can do. Perhaps a different dealer?

And like was stated in the other thread that was closed. This is only one side of the story.

That's what he's saying in his initial post. He's trying to contact the dealer and ask what can be done, and they're basically shunning him. That is the problem in itself. The dealer shouldn't be selling cars with a license and all of that if it can't even provide repairs and answers for the cars they sell.

He's asking for help and reaching out, it's not the OP who's doing the shunning. The dealership is shunning him. If the dealership was giving him answers and at least REACHING OUT to do everything they can do to fix this engine (or at least give him his money back or another new v6) then it'd be another story. But they're not.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:20 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

I am sorry but I am going to have to use Ford's history against it here. I mean they are known for their terrible behavior in the past so I am going to take this guys word as being fairly accurate.

Does that mean I think Ford will treat all this way or all situations this way? No. However there needs to be a better solution then to just drive it around until the engine fractures.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Default FINALLY!!!!

I went on Facebook and found the Ford page. Emailed the customer rep who runs the page. She contacted the Ford Operations Manager who called us and offered us some options that Ford will do to make this right. He was a breath of fresh air in this whole ordeal. My wife and I will be discussing what to do tonight (which option to choose). I'll post our decision tomorrow after we call him back.

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Last edited by tr6nut; 10-19-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: My 3.7 problem, chapter 2