Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She is alive...and with a v8 this time :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

Does that still pass smog? And what do you put down for insurance on that? Haha v6 or v8?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:26 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Anything can pass "smog", and yes it does.
For insurance? It's the same VIN on the vehicle, and that's what insurance goes by. Still a V6.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:46 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Showstopper
Does that still pass smog? And what do you put down for insurance on that? Haha v6 or v8?
I believe it has to get refed which wont be hard just fees and stuff and i asked my insurance lady and she said it doesnt matter.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

So your insurance rate will stay the same even if you have a v8 in it? If so its tempting...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
Anything can pass "smog", and yes it does.
For insurance? It's the same VIN on the vehicle, and that's what insurance goes by. Still a V6.
Now that I read your mod list I see uve actually done this swap too! Did the insurance cost change at all then?
Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
damn, sounds wicked.

please post a list of parts that you used. I've been watching a few threads where guys swapped 5.4 3v into their GT's and it's almost a 100% plug n' play.

did you have a donor car? or just pull the motor and goodies sourced from different places?
I was thinking of doing a 5.4 but i couldnt really find one and i got a good price on this one. The only parts i bought were an intake(didnt have stock one), rear end flange which i already had, motor mount brackets, power steering and A/C hoses ( came with engine deal), drive shaft(also came with deal), x pipe and i think thats about it. Alot of the parts are the same like radiator, fuel pump, A/C compressor, power steering pump. The lines for most of those parts are different because the pumps are located in different spots on the motor like the A/C and power steering. Fuel line was different too. I got the motor out of a wrecked car in a local wrecking yard. Everything from him was $3,000. He gave me access to thr car for whatever i needed to make the car work. Every hose, line wire, clip, braket, everything i needed he let me take. He hooked it up pretty good. I even went there today becasue there is a little black valve next to the fuel line on the fender that i guess regulates air or something wwll they are different so i had to go grab it off the wrecked car and the dude doesnt even car. He gave me badges and interior trim pieces too i also got the GT grille and fog lights and im going to make a shop light with it lol.

Well i hope i answered everyones questions. Post more up or pm me if you have any more questions. Im going to try to get a better video and some pics up soon im just really busy. Thanks for reading