Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who ordered your GT 5.0: How long did it take?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 AM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

yea i wouldnt give a pm with ur vin over here. call ford CS. takes 5 mine for them to check out whats goin on. there 1800 number is on their facebook page
Old 11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

I contacted Ford CS again yesterday... They escalated my claim finally.... Supposed to get a call from some higher up that will be looking into my case.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

nice... that sucks waiting that long id kill myself
Old 11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
johnnyv555

Default Build date

Originally Posted by WTFchuck
you can check on your build date here:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

just enter the xxxxxxxxxxx with your vin
I plugged in my VIN and the MSRP comes up, where on here does it have the build date? Is it in code?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

Burns331, what does the dealers tracking information show? I ask because my car was due November 2nd and it never came in. The sales manager at Ford tried to use his serial number to track it and he said the usual information isn't available and he has no idea where it's at. He said he's waiting for his Ford Rep to locate it and call him back.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:41 AM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnnyv555
I plugged in my VIN and the MSRP comes up, where on here does it have the build date? Is it in code?
very top just above the ford symbol you should see a 4 digit number with the word "blend" under it. directly to the left of that is a 9 digit number. the last 8 is your build date. mine is 120101108 so my build date was nov 8 2010

Originally Posted by Kitzy
Burns331, what does the dealers tracking information show? I ask because my car was due November 2nd and it never came in. The sales manager at Ford tried to use his serial number to track it and he said the usual information isn't available and he has no idea where it's at. He said he's waiting for his Ford Rep to locate it and call him back.
skip the dealer and call ford cs... i asked the dealer where my car was and they had no clue, i called the ford cs and they said its eta is dec 1st

Last edited by WTFchuck; 11-14-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:28 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burns331
Yup, its sitting at Markham yard? In illinois. Rail yard i guess, some sort of union/trucking dispute, hell if i know.

But im not a happy ford owner right now.
More union bulls***. WTF are they even striking about? Or if it is not a strike, why the hell are refusing to haul the cars?

Union BS like this is one of the reasons why our jobs are going to China.
An example is Caterpillar, well, they didn't send the jobs to China, they sent them to Mexico. The workers went on strike, and Caterpillar closed the factory, loaded all the machinery on trains and sent them all to Monterrey to a Mexican factory. Caterpillar was actually paying the factory workers decently, the union got greedy and made unfair demands. And as a result, the union drove all those jobs to Mexico and put hundreds, maybe thousands, of Americans out of work and put their families into financial hardships.

The union should have instead banded together with Caterpillar in a cooperative to see how they could have gotten the workers a raise in a positive manner.
For example, they could have become a lobbying force to attack the medical industry so that the worker's medical benefits could become cheaper and the savings could have been applied to giving workers raises.

It pisses me off that unions are not changing their tactics and thinking how globalization has eliminated strikes as an option. All the union striking does is cause Americans to lose their jobs, send important jobs out of country, which in turn hurts the US itself because now, those workers are no longer paying taxes, they are now taking money by way of unemployment insurance and government welfare benefits (food stamps, housing assistance, etc.), and in a time of war, we lost that Caterpillar factor. During WW2, Caterpillar was one of the companies that made construction equipment for the military (combat engineers), and I am pretty sure many Caterpillar lines were retooled to make tanks as well. The union strike only hurt our national defense because we lost another civilian company that could have been contracted by the military to assist in the time of need.

Sorry for the rant, but your cars not being delivered because because of a union BS is inexcusable.
Unions need to be their to protect worker's rights, but in this day, where the companies are compliant and not screwing workers over, the unions have no right to strike.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:00 AM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

so thats why special orders are takin so long?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I am not sure, but based on what Burns331 said in an earlier post, that is what I assume from my own inference.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

I'd really like to know more about this union/trucking issue and how much of a factor it is.

Quick Reply: For those who ordered your GT 5.0: How long did it take?