Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 v8 engine problem too?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB-F4...layer_embedded

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...warmed-up.html
Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
80MPH in 3 sec is already alcohol burning drag strip dedicated track only cars. Well, save for maybe a super expensive exotic car like a Veyron
Nissian´s GTR could probably pull it off with some tweaking, 3.3 for 0-60 with just a turbo V-6, but ya, need to be something far more expensive than any factory sold mustang.

Helps having all 4 wheels to yank ya down the road at once in what is about as close to a computer with wheels as it gets.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:01 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Theoretically the Challenger COULD go lighter if they built
an all aluminum engine.
The 5.7L is fine, has some great tech behind it. That and designing a new engine is a multi billion dollar project, give it time. I'm sure you will see an all aluminum block in the near future. They did just release the new 426 'elephant' crate engine.

Originally Posted by Stockstangs
Love my 2011 GT. The only problem I have noticed is the starter sticks sometimes. Kind of like it is staying engaged when starting. It only does it rarely. If it continues or gets worse I will have it replaced. The GT is a real blast to drive. No, not a 0-80 in 3 sec car. A 0-60 in a few ticks over 4 seconds car.
Its called tip start and its been in all ford products for 3 model years now and most other new cars. Basically once you turn to start the car takes over. If you let off before it turns over, it will keep going. This was to make remote starting easier to manage. Theres nothing wrong with your car.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:40 AM
FVChopper

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
80MPH in 3 sec is already alcohol burning drag strip dedicated track only cars. Well, save for maybe a super expensive exotic car like a Veyron
A veyron won't do 80mph in 3 seconds lol
Old 12-15-2010, 09:35 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
I've seen it posted on this forum and read other forums and blogs that the rumors are that the Challenger is going to be redesigned and will have a weight reduction.

Why the hell does the Challenger weight so damn much for? Even the Camaro Id like to see a little lighter.
Its most likely all the new tech like, stability/trac/more airbags than most other generations. And, not to mention all of the required luxury equipment they come with (nowadays average person drops 30k on a new car expects leather/heated seats/etc...) will really add on the weight...So ive been told. And just compare the sheer size of the new generation to one of the old ones, they are bigger in every way.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

sorry to take this further OT

here is a comparison of new and old challenger, not that big of a difference. It looks bigger because of the pedestrian safety act where the top of the hood has be a certain height. Mustang also suffers from this, it looks bulky compared to the older stangs.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I really like Challengers. I was bored the other day and went and test drove one. I should have just admired from a distance.

Driving the car was like going to bed with woman of your dreams and realizing she snores and farts in her sleep. Almost everything about the car fell short of expectations.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:23 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I certainly like the lines of the challenger but its really not for performance and i believe the mod industry for the challenger is know where close to that of a mustang. It was my understanding that it takes a week or two to get a tune for a challenger. Not as mod friendly as a mustang.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:32 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang06lv
takes 3 seconds to get to 80 mph? my ***
+1
The 1000 hp Bugatti Veyron takes 2.5-3.0 sec. just to sprint from 0-60.
The Stang owner in that vid is full of crap, which unfortunately gives other Stang owners a bad name.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

the challenger not really for performance? LOL

If you don't think there are mods for the challenger, you haven't been to www.mopar.com

Also go try the 2011 when it starts showing up at dealerships, the suspension is all new and the handling difference is night and day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 v8 engine problem too?