Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions About Superchargers in Cali (Saleen Supershaker Specifically)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:22 AM
TorchRedStang06
1st Gear Member

Default Questions About Superchargers in Cali (Saleen Supershaker Specifically)

So I recently purchased a Saleen Supercharger Supershaker kit for my mustang however I was unaware that it is not CARB legal in Cali. =/
From what I understand you have to have your new car smogged 6 years after you bought it. Does anyone know if I put this kit on my stang if it will pass Smog check in a year or so? I'm pretty sure it will have to pass a visual too which would make me need some kind of CARB sticker for the blower. I know the Saleen blower is Smog legal but I guess Saleen never got the add on of the Supershaker scoop to be legal also.
Also my other main concern is getting pulled over and hassled from cops. I'm afraid that if a cop ever forces me to pop my hood and then quesitons me about the supercharger and if its Carb legal and where is the sticker and all...What will I do? I can imagine it would be a pretty big ticket and hassle and I would probably get sent to a State Ref station or something.
For those of you running an aftermarket supercharger in California do you have Carb sticker under your hood?
Do you think I can get away with using the paperwork and E0 Carb number from a the regular Saleen blowers? Or maybe even getting a Carb sticker made somehow?
Thanks for any information I really appreciate any help on this issue.
I was really excited to get the kit and would hate to have to sell it and I'm pretty confused on what to do now =(!

--Sammy
Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 AM
dSINtia

Seriously? Just find the most crooked smog test station you can and flip the operator an extra c-note and you'll be straight... works everytime for me (I mean all my friends - I always go the legal route!). I live in SOCAL and the border area is riddled with "legit" smog stations willing to turn a blind eye... Sorry, no legit technical advice here, just a way to get over if it turns out the kit won't pass Cali CARB standards. Good luck... oh yeah, I'm totally joking...
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

You will need that smog sticker...Rouch sent them with their Super Charger.