Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF. New 11 C/S Prem ragtop for 36,600??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 AM
onegoal
Banned

Default WTF. New 11 C/S Prem ragtop for 36,600??

Came across this listing. I used to live in FL and was just checking out how much stangs down there go for. under 37k for a NEW gt convertable Premium and with the electronics package and California Special.

How is this?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

They apply ALL rebates to car prices typically when they advertise like that... even ones most of us can't qualify for (like military, etc). I also think what you're seeing is the law of supply and demand. Everyone that HAD to have a 5.0 and was willing to over-pay for it, has probably already bought one.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 AM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by Mudflap
They apply ALL rebates to car prices typically when they advertise like that... even ones most of us can't qualify for (like military, etc). I also think what you're seeing is the law of supply and demand. Everyone that HAD to have a 5.0 and was willing to over-pay for it, has probably already bought one.
Ah. I noticed that now. The stl area dealers usually list the going price and not rebates.

Why have the GTs not sold as well as the Camaro?

I know up here I've only seen a couple new 5.0s. However the s197 is VERY popular around here. Sometimes I'll see 20 Gts in one day. Just not the 2010 or 11s

the new camaros however the dealers around here have boatloads of them its not funny. Same with the Chargers. The Dodge dealers carry dozens of them but the 2011 gt? Nope each dealer only has a couple at most in stock.

Someone on here about a month ago posted a sales chart comparing camaro sales to mustang sales that showed Camaro had more sales.

IMO to be honest I think it's because it's the first year of the new engine and people are leery on buying it. I think 2012 will be a better year to judge sales.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:54 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

If gas really hits 4 bucks a gallon, I expect all 3 muscle cars to not sell well in 2011.

I live in the dc area and I see loads of 2010+ mustangs... but still you see 10 s197 and new edges daily. maybe 4-5 2010+'s.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
If gas really hits 4 bucks a gallon, I expect all 3 muscle cars to not sell well in 2011...
If so, then that plays into my hands. With sales going to chit, I'll be able to strike a killer deal.

$36.6k... as if ANYONE actually THINKS they'll be paying MSRP.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:12 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Ah. Why have the GTs not sold as well as the Camaro?
Have you driven a camaro? My wife just bought one, and it's a h*ll of a car...Very nice design and engineering on it, plus they are new (in 2010)...That said, with only a one car garage, the GT/CS still has it's spot...
Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
If so, then that plays into my hands. With sales going to chit, I'll be able to strike a killer deal.

$36.6k... as if ANYONE actually THINKS they'll be paying MSRP.
Exactly. I know dealers will be trying to give their Mustang's and Camaro's away, just like 2 years ago the 08/09 Mustang's were barely moving like they were in 05/06. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a great deal.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I drove a Camaro SS the day before I picked up this leftover 2010. The car was beautiful on the outside, and having had a 2000 Z28 that I really enjoyed, I was excited to possibly buy a new one. Well, I hated it on the test drive. The engineers did everything possible to ensure that visibility completely sucked from the high "belt line" to the under-sized rearview mirror. It just felt unsafe to me as a result. I actually had no intention of buying another Mustang, but after the failure at Chevy I figured I'd go drive a 5.0 instead. I did, and it was nice, but after that I spotted 2 leftover 2010s. I test drove mine, found out it was 23k, and went back the next morning and bought it...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I have ZERO interest in a Camaro. Sorry, but the car doesn't even look like a Camaro, and plus, I think the interior is even WORSE in the new Camaros than the cheap plastic stuff in my 04. And the ergonomics are totally a WTF-moment too.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah I didn't like the interior at all. I may have bought the thing if I liked the way it drove though... I just didn't. I'd have liked to have a Challenger too, but Dodge wasn't budging on price, and the R/T is "slow" to me.

Quick Reply: WTF. New 11 C/S Prem ragtop for 36,600??