Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VMP 500hp kit installed, dyno tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

damn, those are some great numbers.. really makes me wish I had known about the damn sale on those kits earlier....
Old 01-20-2011, 06:50 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

nice numbers.
tail pipe sniffer may read a couple tenths leaner than it actually is.
but still a little lean. i also have a VMP tune allows me to adjust fuel at WOT. but ask Justin about it.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Well Dyno is done 430 whp 412 tq.

I have to catapult and and it to Justin. The Dyno guy said I was a tad lean. Afr hit 12.3 to 12.5 on one run wot. He said tell the tuner I'm sure Justin will tweak the tune and I might lose a bot of power. Is 12.5 that bad?

Afr graph

Dyno sheet

Shane my a/f is at 11.7/11.8, I would say yours is just a tad lean, IMO. Nice #'s though!!!

Last edited by Vader GT; 01-20-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TAMPAGT07
Hey Vader, what other performance mods are you running? And are you auto or manual? I was just wondering what mine is putting down with just the M90 spinning the auto.
Hey Tampa my car has a lot of suspension mods. As far as performance, this is what I got:

1. Alum D/S
2. Pypes muffler deletes
3. Accel coils
4. Short shifter (even though this really does not affect perf directly).

I did have a CAI before the blower, but it curretly has the stock box with the paper filter. It also has a custom tune, not the Roush tune. Oops almost forgot, it's a 5spd.

Last edited by Vader GT; 01-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
damn, those are some great numbers.. really makes me wish I had known about the damn sale on those kits earlier....
I stole the chrome M90 kit from Gary Yeoman Ford for 3460.00 shipped! On Roush's site, only the black is left for 05'-06' models and the price shot back up to 4999.00! It's been a long time since I felt like I got a helluva deal on something. Don't know who the OP was for this sale but thanks!

On a side note the customer service with Roush has been awesome. The only thing missing in my kit was the little "L" bracket support for the alternator. I called Monday to tell them. All they wanted was my name and address and it was on my door step Thursday.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vader GT
Hey Tampa my car has a lot of suspension mods. As far as performance, this is what I got:

1. Alum D/S
2. Pypes muffler deletes
3. Accel coils
4. Short shifter (even though this really does not affect perf directly).

I did have a CAI before the blower, but it curretly has the stock box with the paper filter. It also has a custom tune, not the Roush tune. Oops almost forgot, it's a 5spd.
Gotcha, thank you..I wonder if your Accel coils bump up the power and how much. Do you think you will put the CAI back on?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
I stole the chrome M90 kit from Gary Yeoman Ford for 3460.00 shipped! On Roush's site, only the black is left for 05'-06' models and the price shot back up to 4999.00! It's been a long time since I felt like I got a helluva deal on something. Don't know who the OP was for this sale but thanks!

On a side note the customer service with Roush has been awesome. The only thing missing in my kit was the little "L" bracket support for the alternator. I called Monday to tell them. All they wanted was my name and address and it was on my door step Thursday.
Hey Timmbo....GIT-R-DONE....Geez it's been like three weeks now.....
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Hey Timmbo....GIT-R-DONE....Geez it's been like three weeks now.....
LOL! Barring any unforeseen circumstances it will be running this weekend. I've been turning wrenches professionally for 20 years and I must say....Roush did a great job engineering this kit. Everything just fits without aggravation. However I think that the throttle body spacer that attaches to the back of the blower could have been cast with a little higher angle so it's not so close to the valve cover. Regardless, I give them an A+ for excellent instructions, packaging the kit in hardware groups and ease of install.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:39 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
lulz so close to getting one of those!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Gotcha, thank you..I wonder if your Accel coils bump up the power and how much. Do you think you will put the CAI back on?
It's funny you should ask about the CAI, because my tuner garanteed me over 400 to the wheels with the Steeda CAI. The only issue is that I would have to re-tune the car, so it's staying the way it is for now. I thought about at least throwing in a drop-in K&N, but not sure if that would require a re-tune?

I've heard that yes, the coils do make a difference, I just don't know that to be true or the amount of HP they represent. There was an article maybe a year ago in one of the mustang mags that did a coil install & the car picked up about 10RWHP, but I don't remember what other mods the car had. I had a damaged coil, so I ended up replacing the entire set, that's why I got them.

Quick Reply: VMP 500hp kit installed, dyno tomorrow