Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 in the showroom already?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Radioguy
According to Ford Customer Service, in response to a question on another website, 2012 production doesn't start until early February.
You mean next week?

Regardless, once the vehicle is scheduled for build it is assigned a VIN. Once the dealer gets a VIN they can list it.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:23 PM
BLACKO9GT

Originally Posted by onegoal
...maybe in a couple months they will start giving deep discounts on 2011 left over GTs?...
Hardly likely. The Mustang is such a popular car that dealers don't have to give much of a discount to sell them. They don't even have to advertise them on t.v. either! They are desirable cars that people want.

The dealer where I bought my '09 GT had a brand new '08 Bullitt in the showroom. I told the salesman I was seriously interested in the car and asked if I could test drive it. He disappeared for a minute and returned with one of the "big shots" from out back. He asked me if I was really serious about buying the car. I told him "yes, very interested, but I'm not going to buy it without being given a chance to test drive it". Without skipping a beat he told me, "Well I'm going to tell you right now, the selling price is $5,000.00 ABOVE the sticker price on the window and that is NOT negotiable." I gave him a dirty look that left no doubt how I felt about that. He gave me a really smug look, shrugged his shoulders and said, "We do that because we CAN".

I told him I MIGHT consider paying sticker price since it was a Bullitt, but there was no way I would ever pay above the sticker price for ANY car. As I walked out of the showroom I told him if he decided to stop playing games and get serious about selling cars, to give me a call.
Naturally no call ever came, and the Bullitt sat in the showroom for 3 more months before someone with much deeper pockets than mine finally paid them full sticker price plus 5K more. Yes, I know it was a limited edition model, but the point is that Mustangs are very popular cars and the dealers know they can sell them- even if it takes a while.

I'm not saying you can't get a good deal on a Mustang, but they usually don't need to give much of a discount (even on the previous year's model) to get people to buy them.

Last edited by BLACKO9GT; 01-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by BLACKO9GT
Hardly likely. The Mustang is such a popular car that dealers don't have to give much of a discount to sell them. They don't even have to advertise them on t.v. either! They are desirable cars that people want.

The dealer where I bought my '09 GT had a brand new '08 Bullitt in the showroom. I told the salesman I was seriously interested in the car and asked if I could test drive it. He disappeared for a minute and returned with one of the "big shots" from out back. He asked me if I was really serious about buying the car. I told him "yes, very interested, but I'm not going to buy it without being given a chance to test drive it". Without skipping a beat he told me, "Well I'm going to tell you right now, the selling price is $5,000.00 ABOVE the sticker price on the window and that is NOT negotiable." I gave him a dirty look that left no doubt how I felt about that. He gave me a really smug look, shrugged his shoulders and said, "We do that because we CAN".

I told him I MIGHT consider paying sticker price since it was a Bullitt, but there was no way I would ever pay above the sticker price for ANY car. As I walked out of the showroom I told him if he decided to stop playing games and get serious about selling cars, to give me a call.
Naturally no call ever came, and the Bullitt sat in the showroom for 3 more months before someone with much deeper pockets than mine finally paid them full sticker price plus 5K more. Yes, I know it was a limited edition model, but the point is that Mustangs are very popular cars and the dealers know they can sell them- even if it takes a while.

I'm not saying you can't get a good deal on a Mustang, but they usually don't need to give much of a discount (even on the previous year's model) to get people to buy them.
No way I'd even paid MSRP for a Bullit. Just a GT with slightly more HP and few other things. Limited edition in todays cars means squat.

Just like I see dealers marking up Challengers. The dodge dealer up the street has like 15 of them over priced and they just sit there for months.

Oh well its the dealerships $$.

I like the Mustang, Camaro too but seriously it's on the low end of the totum pole car wise. Not on performance but just the quality. It's not a BMWm3, Mercedes, Porsche. I'm not going to pay a premium price for an American car.

A few days ago I saw someone on here from Hawaii posting that a dealer had a ADM on a GT500 by almost 30 grand!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

you don't have the money for a used honda, what are you talking about porsches for?
Old 01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
RickyBobby
1st Gear Member

Came across this. Ad for 2012 v6 Mustang. 2012 are already out?

If so then maybe in a couple months they will start giving deep discounts on 2011 left over GTs?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&standard=true
here we go again..... dude, if i GIVE you 25k, will you buy your freakin car and GO AWAY????
Old 01-26-2011, 06:05 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

It's a marketing ploy by the dealership. Yes, they may have the car on order but when you show up at the dealership, they'll probably be trying to push out the row of 2010's they got sitting there.

Where's a fishing icon when you need it.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

No way I'd even paid MSRP for a Bullit. Just a GT with slightly more HP and few other things. Limited edition in todays cars means squat.

Just like I see dealers marking up Challengers. The dodge dealer up the street has like 15 of them over priced and they just sit there for months.

Oh well its the dealerships $$.

I like the Mustang, Camaro too but seriously it's on the low end of the totum pole car wise. Not on performance but just the quality. It's not a BMWm3, Mercedes, Porsche. I'm not going to pay a premium price for an American car.

A few days ago I saw someone on here from Hawaii posting that a dealer had a ADM on a GT500 by almost 30 grand!
Umm, not so fast! Check out this comparison that Motor Trend did with the 2011 Mustang GT Vs BMW M3;

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Umm, not so fast! Check out this comparison that Motor Trend did with the 2011 Mustang GT Vs BMW M3;

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
I seen that before.

Don't tell me the interior of a Mustang Premium is as good as a m3 or higher up BMW.

IF I had the money and had a choice between an M3 or Stang I would take the M3.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Then save up money, buy a M3, and get off this forum.

Quick Reply: 2012 in the showroom already?