Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Oval Industries :icon_rant:

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop
In regards to Shane, do you think I am just being irrational and impatient? I really would like to hear from an outside view, especially if it is someone who has had a good experience with them.
I did a lot of forum searching about these guys before buying my m-90. I wound up going with stage 3 as I didn't want to risk it for that much money. Just being honest with you though since you asked. I think buying something on a Friday and needing it by the next Friday without paying for expedited shipping (non-ground) is a risk from the start. Generally, it comes in but if you must have it by a specific date you should pay for the extra shipping to insure it comes in. With ground it could get delayed or could get their fast.

I've never done business with them so just providing my 2 cents on the shipping part.

Not to be ignored though is that they were not honest with you about the product shipping. That's not acceptable. You have to set the right expectations with the customer. If something came up then you have to tell them and bite the bullet they may get mad but you never know if that part is critical for something and not letting the customer make the decision on if they will wait is opening you up for bad reviews and other potential issues.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:33 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by black2010
I did a lot of forum searching about these guys before buying my m-90. I wound up going with stage 3 as I didn't want to risk it for that much money. Just being honest with you though since you asked. I think buying something on a Friday and needing it by the next Friday without paying for expedited shipping (non-ground) is a risk from the start. Generally, it comes in but if you must have it by a specific date you should pay for the extra shipping to insure it comes in. With ground it could get delayed or could get their fast.

I've never done business with them so just providing my 2 cents on the shipping part.

Not to be ignored though is that they were not honest with you about the product shipping. That's not acceptable. You have to set the right expectations with the customer. If something came up then you have to tell them and bite the bullet they may get mad but you never know if that part is critical for something and not letting the customer make the decision on if they will wait is opening you up for bad reviews and other potential issues.
I appreciate your comment. When I originally bought the products, I logged into UPS and noticed that it said shipping the item normally would only take 2 days, and there was no option for expedited shipping. I figured they would have monday, tuesday and wednesday to ship it and it should still arrive at my house on friday. UPS always comes at 1:45 here (we order a lot of items) so I knew even if it wasn't delivered until today, that I would have time to install them today. I just think it was bad business to lie to me and then ignore my email requests (my email has been messed up lately so I will give them the benefit of the doubt on this one).

Oh well, if they can alleviate some of the problems I have had with this transaction (all I am asking for is a tracking number), then I may buy the shaker system from them in the future. If not, I will just wait it out until AM gets it in or I decide I want to drop in a larger motor.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 AM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Update:

I caled them back today and they said they were shipped on wednesday (although the last person I talked to said they were shipped on tuesday). The gentleman said I should have them on monday. If not, then I plan on calling back again.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Actually, with as many false reports they have given you on the status of your product, you should call the BBB. Did they even confirm with you they had the part in stock?
A good company will do so and even give you a serial number of the part they are sending to you. And they would also email you the UPS tracking # too.

It sounds like they are doing an unwise sales practice: drop-shipping!
Drop shipping is where the seller does not have the part in stock, but when an order is placed to buy said part, the seller calls the factory to make in.

Here is the problem: unless you have very good ties with the factory, you as the seller risk the factory sitting on your order. The reason why the factory would do that is because they are not going to start the machining tools just to make only one single part. They will only turn them on when there are multiple part orders. So, depending on how long it takes for enough factory orders to come in, the factory could sit on the orders for weeks!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

IMO, you received poor service and have a right to be upset.

Contrast this with the service I received from Tousley Ford on a small part I ordered from them using their web site. It's been a while, so I don't remember all the details. They acknowledged receipt of the order, said the part was out of stock, and gave me an estimate as to when they would receive it. I wasn't in any particular rush, so no problem with a delay. I don't remember how many emails I received from them; they kept me informed as to what was going on every step of the way. That's the proper way to do business.

I also placed a couple of orders with AM and had no issues.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:04 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I had customers that were screwed by BOI on lowering springs that were not so... lowering lol.
Blue Oval handled this deal like a bunch of blind men trying to put together a Rubic's cube.

RPM Outlet is THE company to avoid though...
Old 02-19-2011, 07:23 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I had customers that were screwed by BOI on lowering springs that were not so... lowering lol.Blue Oval handled this deal like a bunch of blind men trying to put together a Rubic's cube.

RPM Outlet is THE company to avoid though...
boy Pascal, talk about bringing back memories...lol!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ndustries.html

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...n-dropped.html
Old 02-20-2011, 06:49 AM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Well I think I am definately going to call the BBB and am going to also leave them bad feedback on ebay. There is no reason to why they had to deliberately lie to me throughout the entire order. The sad part is, I ordered a part from a different company on thursday at 11am and it will be here monday, 5 days after I ordered from BOI.

I wouldn't have been mad if they would have just let me cancel the order and pick up the TPMS sensors from the dealership. They refused to cancel my order and told me it was already shipped on tuesday, which of course we know it wasnt
Old 02-20-2011, 11:11 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure what to say about all of this than reiterate we always hear the bad stories and rarely have folks that say man my order went off without a hitch. As i said, spent hoards of money with these guys and been fine. anyone can f-up shipping on occasion and its not always coming from the place you order, if it drop ships from the manufacture the place you buy for is at their mercy on shipping. As for sending out the wrong products, that's a different story, but poo happens when you ship loss of product. you take a chance anytime you order something online from anybody, i'd personally steer clear of brenspeed before blue oval or yates.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Damn, they have to peddle their S*** through ebay? Fail!
I learned that shopping ebay , especially for so called brand new stuff, is too much of a risk.
I will buy used stuff knowing that the item is as is, but the stores on ebay that supposedly brand new I find are hit or miss. And actually, too much miss.

I have made a mental note never to shop at Blue Oval Ind, ever.

Quick Reply: Blue Oval Industries :icon_rant: