Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Oval Industries :icon_rant:

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 AM
87fordgt

I bought through them before off a google shopping search. I knew what exact item I wanted and they had the best price. I bought, paid, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally after a week with no communication from them I emailed. I said that if they had shipped the item that was fine, but if not, I would like them to cancel my order and refund me asap. Without any communication they just refunded me. So basically, they didn't have the part, didn't ship it, and never told me one way or another in 7 days time. I will never buy from them again unless I can't get it somewhere else. As far as the ebay parts, It's totally buyer beware. Paying through papal has been my savior. They offer a lot of buyer protection. I bought a "unlocked" tuner off ebay. It most definitely was not unlocked and I could prove it. The seller said that I was scamming him and used it then said it was locked. I opened a claim with paypal, stated my case, and within 4 days had all my money back and free shipping back to the dbag that sold it to me. That gives me quite a bit of confidence as far as knowing they have my back if a part is not as described. A lot of people don't want that hassle though. Money comes by me to hard to pass up the savings ebay parts offer. I'd say I've had a 90% success rate of ebay and the majority of the 10% leftover is me not seeing or reading the description correctly.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

back in march of 07 i bought gta axlebacks from blue oval industries and they lasted about 10 months. one the mufflers resonate at 2200 rpms only bad enough that i had to take them off. i called them and they told me warranty was between me and ford, not them. also back in august of 07 i bought frpp "A" 4.10 gears from blue oval industries and i had them installed in Jan. 08. they whinned in the beginning and got worse. i just thought it was a bad install. so the installer redid them with 3.73 gears since i got the whipple. he chaulked up the 4.10 before he took them out and the ring and pinion gear were not making even contact between the gears. he said i got a bad set of 4.10. yes they are the cheapest but i think they get the blems of parts!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:00 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I have ordered from them in the past...IIRC I never received a tracking number, but I got the parts anyway just fine.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:42 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

From all the stories above, it sounds like total hit or miss. And to be honest, too many misses.

Sounds like they peddle illegally copied parts from China and try to pass them off as the real thing.
Or, if they do actually sell the real thing, they are selling the reject parts. I would not be surprised if they take a product that someone returned because it was bad, rebox it, and try resell it again as a brand new part. If this is true, then that would be fraud.

With all the stories of misses, not just on here in MF, but also on other car sites, I will leave them alone.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:52 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i dont see how you can think they are reject parts, that is assuning a bit much. There are som nay things that can go wrong with a part and just bnecause you buy something at one palce and it breaks doenst mean that they are reject parts. you can get soemthign defective from anywhere. anyway, good luck wherever the OP ends up with his parts.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:11 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i dont see how you can think they are reject parts, that is assuning a bit much. There are som nay things that can go wrong with a part and just bnecause you buy something at one palce and it breaks doenst mean that they are reject parts. you can get soemthign defective from anywhere. anyway, good luck wherever the OP ends up with his parts.
I know my assumption is a bit harsh, and the parts they sell could very well be less prone to failure than what I am assuming.
Of course, even parts that pass factory quality controls are still at risk of breaking, it's just that they are supposed to be at much smaller risk than parts that fail QC.

I am only basing my thoughts from experiences of people who have been taken for a ride by these guys, especially as far as their customer service goes.
Heck, Pascal, someone who actually works in a shop, has described his first hand experience with them. That already holds alot of weight for me.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Well thank you everyone. I have filed a claim on ebay, and asked for either the part or my funds returned. Hopefully I get the parts tomorrow so this hwole thing can be over, and I can just live with the missed meet. It would still be a great birthday present to me from myself

I will let you guys know what the outcome is later this week
Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
I totally agree, Ive ordered form American Muscle twice. And we all know thats one of the top sites if not the best to order mustang parts and such from. both times my orderes came fast and great product, on my second order though. I got a bad part and after emailing them and calling them i got the help i need i na friendly manner. So even the best of the best has bad parts somtimes
Old 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Well I for one bought several parts over 5 years and 2 different stangs from BOI without a single issue with quality of product shipping or anything.. Guess I'm a lucky one.. Or like so many companies in the retail industry your more likely to read and hear about the negatives before the positives.. I'm sorry the OP is having huge issues and I am very good friends with pascal and remember the issues he brought up very well..bottom line allot of these companies drop ship through different companies and are no more than brokers for a product.. None of my items I bought from BOI were any less than advertised..if i bought an frpp product from them that is what I received.. Not a china knockoff that some had said.. Again no issues with me.. Sorry to read others have
Old 02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Hey Cheft, how you've been?
All is well with the car?

Quick Reply: Blue Oval Industries :icon_rant: