Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper cars at the dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

If I have to take my car somewhere and a porter/servicer has to drive it, I ALWAYS tell them it's not stock and the throttle is extremely touchy. I can see that happening.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:23 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Mine was parked. They ran into it with something else.. Not sure what, as I forgot to ask when I was checking it out after they called.

Mine is touchy as I've reset the throttle since re-tuning, and the TCS now is off by default with a relay among all the other mods I've done, but wasn't my car they wrecked, just wrecked into...which in this case is actually worse. I suspect whatever hit it just needed a buffing..

Last edited by wayne613; 02-23-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Damn Wayne sorry to see that. Make sure they cover/fix everything to how it was before, if not better
Old 02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dennisafrompa
I had a Porsche Boxster totaled at a dealership while a 30 K service was performed.

The tech was "warming up the oil" prior to the included oil change and spun it, hit 3 6x6 posts, then continued through a chain link fence backwords. He almost went into a swim club's pool. Then he drove it back through the fence about half way before he re-considered. Every panel on the car was damaged and ALL the glass was scratched.

It was almost funny when I first saw it, ALMOST.
That sucks royal pole; who in their right mind would warm up a car in gear? And at that, if it was in gear, why the F*** would he have made it through posts, a fence, and almost into a pool?
The assclown was gunning it at redline and clutch dumped it! There is no other explanation for this.

Sure, they might have paid you the value of the car for totaling it, but what sucks is it is NOT enough to buy another car because of depreciated value.
I would take them to court and sue them for the difference for another brand new car.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

speak of the devil... I just witnessed a lube tech rev and then take off around a tight corner, almost striking an incoming vehicle! When I looked at him with a "WTF?!" face, he just lol'd... wow, just wow. It was a 2010 V-6...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
dennisafrompa
1st Gear Member

Default Open road

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
That sucks royal pole; who in their right mind would warm up a car in gear? And at that, if it was in gear, why the F*** would he have made it through posts, a fence, and almost into a pool?
The assclown was gunning it at redline and clutch dumped it! There is no other explanation for this.

Sure, they might have paid you the value of the car for totaling it, but what sucks is it is NOT enough to buy another car because of depreciated value.
I would take them to court and sue them for the difference for another brand new car.
He was warming the oil up on a public road, not in the shop.

This was 6 years ago and the dealer did step up to the plate and make things OK! Oh, and the tech was not fired but quit shortly after the incident.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

That sucks man, and I know exactly how you feel about it. I backed into my own 2008 GT with a 30' Penske truck. I was so afraid to hit everyone else car in the parking lot of my apartment that I hit my own. Oh well, it was fixed, but I will tell you....the body lines on the natural bends in the sheet metal will never look exactly the same.

Here is what mine looked like before the repair.

Where is bent the body line...never looked straight after the repair. You would only notice it in certain light, and you had to be inspecting it close.

Look in the paints reflection to see the mean ol' truck that bruised the Mustang.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
That sucks man, and I know exactly how you feel about it. I backed into my own 2008 GT with a 30' Penske truck. I was so afraid to hit everyone else car in the parking lot of my apartment that I hit my own. Oh well, it was fixed, but I will tell you....the body lines on the natural bends in the sheet metal will never look exactly the same.

Here is what mine looked like before the repair.

Where is bent the body line...never looked straight after the repair. You would only notice it in certain light, and you had to be inspecting it close.

Look in the paints reflection to see the mean ol' truck that bruised the Mustang.
Those pics made my eyes mist.

Did your insurance cover it? Cause I would imagine the shop would have just replaced the body panels or something? Or was the damage not significant enough to warrant that?
Just curious, =)
Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

My wife, bless her heart, backed into my Camaro while it was parked in the driveway twice! First time she completely took out the front fender, second time she creased it from the front wheel well back.

I'm still trying to train her to look behind her when she backs up. She's had three other "backup" accidents.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
My wife, bless her heart, backed into my Camaro while it was parked in the driveway twice! First time she completely took out the front fender, second time she creased it from the front wheel well back.

I'm still trying to train her to look behind her when she backs up. She's had three other "backup" accidents.
lol my wife argued with me for years that the correct backing up technique was mirrors only. after she backed into three parked SUVs in a years time she finally looked around. Been years since she had an accident now.

Quick Reply: Bumper cars at the dealership...