Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed in Cai+Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Horseman59

I've got the Brenspeed 93 tune. It was the first mod I put on my car. I drive an auto and I could REALLY feel a difference.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
riskyfool
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Horseman59
I've got the Brenspeed 93 tune. It was the first mod I put on my car. I drive an auto and I could REALLY feel a difference.
Do you think the UDPs are worth it? Can you feel a real difference with them? Brenspeed has recommended that that should be my next mod. I've always been afraid of losing power for AC and stereo.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM
case ace
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Horseman59
^^ Agreed. I also had the "93" tune from Brenspeed, and the difference was substantial and noticeable. Accelerator lag was gone completely. Being an automatic, the tune pounded the gears hard at WOT, and chirped the tires in third.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by awsomeaussies206
My bama tune was highly noticeable even on 89. Mines an auto, is yours? If not maybe thats why?
Same here and I have a 5 spd.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I just installed my FRPP intake and my Bama tune from AM (thanks guys!) and even with just the 87 Street Tune i noticed a huge improvement. Granted I am on an auto tranny so that is a big part of it.

I filled up with 91 octane today and will run through this tank before filling up again and running the 91 performance and 91 race tunes to see what kind of differences I feel.

From an auto standpoint it's it night and day. My car no longer feels like an econobox with a big engine. Can't say for the manual transmissions though.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by case ace
^^ Agreed. I also had the "93" tune from Brenspeed, and the difference was substantial and noticeable. Accelerator lag was gone completely. Being an automatic, the tune pounded the gears hard at WOT, and chirped the tires in third.

I scared myself the first time I hit the gas because the response was instantaneous

I like the way that on light or moderate throttle the car is just as smooth as my friends Benz C300 (he said it not me) but when I hammerd it, WEEEEEEEE!!! It kicked the rear out a bit when it hit second and snapped our heads back when it hit 3rd.

I will never go back to stock!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:32 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wanakanabe
Lol My "Man Card" is intact!
and yes i probably will do the switch back in a month or so,hopefully all the snow and wet roads will be gone.
^ If there is snow on the roads or wet roads, it'll keep you from being able to really have fun with the car.

Put your car back to stock, go find a large empty parking lot and have a little bit of fun. Somewhere it's safe to accelerate hard like that with plenty of room.

Go home, install the CAI/Tune and go right back to the same parking lot and try again. If you use the performance or race tune, you'll notice the throttle response is instantaneous compared to stock, but once you hit mid-full throttle, the difference should be more than just noticeable. It should be VERY noticeable.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by riskyfool
Do you think the UDPs are worth it? Can you feel a real difference with them? Brenspeed has recommended that that should be my next mod. I've always been afraid of losing power for AC and stereo.
Underdrive pulleys are an okay modification for 05-10 GT's, but don't expect much of a performance difference. I'd say 5-6RWHP maximum. Delete plates are a better choice. Even the FRPP manifold will do better top-end than underdrive pulleys will. It all depends on what your future mod plans are. I went with the FRPP manifold before I had cams or anything like that. I had nothing but a CAI, TB, FRPP manifold and the car lost VERY minimal down low and picked up really good top end. It felt a ton smoother, and once you add cams, long tubes, the manifold really shines. Plus it looks bad ***! The manifold gets rid of the factory charge motion valves.

Chris
Old 03-11-2011, 02:44 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Automatics will feel more off the bat because it gets rid of the throttle lag. The bang isn't as big with a manual but is still definitely worth what you are paying for.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Darth Evader
1st Gear Member

I went with BBK CAI and Brenspeed and the difference is very noticible in my 06 GT. The three tunes I requested were: 87 Octane Stock airbox, 87 Octane CAI, and 93 CAI.

Event the 87 with stock airbox is a nice improvement over stock tune. The 93 CAI has no comparison.

Quick Reply: Disappointed in Cai+Tune