Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good day turned bad

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Nice project. Parts are plentiful for the fox. What year car 351 do you have? Windsor or Cleveland.....are you/dad going to add some performance?
Its funny cause I went to help him with a job today and we just go on the subject of how I'd like to restore a foxbody, and we get home and end up scoring on one lol. I am not sure what year the 351 is, but he checked the numbers on the heads and its a Windsor not a Cleveland. My goal for this car is to make it a monster. I want somewhere between 500 - 600 so a blower is in mind for this car. He doesnt like me toutching my 2010 since its my DD, so this is an excuse for me not to, plus parts are much cheaper for the fox.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Sounds cool....
Old 04-17-2011, 12:24 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Sounds cool....
Yeah I hope everything works out though. Gonna take alot of time to finish this thing with him still working on his 68
Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

351w is a good platform to start with to make that kind of power reliably. Much better than the 302. They should of stuck it in the foxes to begin with. 408w w/ a centri would be a sick set up
Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

In regards to the original OP, if my niece's boyfriend posted this on the internet and I saw it, I'd call him up to come get his crap out of my garage. You're getting professional work for free and now you want to look the gift horse in the mouth? I dont know what your career is but Im in IT so I'm constantly bombarded with "my computer does this" "my laptop does that..." and all my family and sometimes my neighbors and friends expect me to fix it for free. The only person who gets free IT work out of me with priority is my wife. Everyone else can wait until I'm bored and dont have a darn thing to do. When you get your car back, the only thing you should be is grateful to the guy and have a cold case of his favorite beer to hand him.

Now having Armand Assante blast a dude away next to your car, that's frickin AWESOME.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:28 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 92hatchLX
351w is a good platform to start with to make that kind of power reliably. Much better than the 302. They should of stuck it in the foxes to begin with. 408w w/ a centri would be a sick set up
Well we already have a motor apart, so its off to the machine shop soon =]. I was thinking a novi or a procharger, dont wanna get into turbos.

Originally Posted by wcgman
In regards to the original OP, if my niece's boyfriend posted this on the internet and I saw it, I'd call him up to come get his crap out of my garage. You're getting professional work for free and now you want to look the gift horse in the mouth? I dont know what your career is but Im in IT so I'm constantly bombarded with "my computer does this" "my laptop does that..." and all my family and sometimes my neighbors and friends expect me to fix it for free. The only person who gets free IT work out of me with priority is my wife. Everyone else can wait until I'm bored and dont have a darn thing to do. When you get your car back, the only thing you should be is grateful to the guy and have a cold case of his favorite beer to hand him.

Now having Armand Assante blast a dude away next to your car, that's frickin AWESOME.
I understand exactly what you're saying, I am basically just venting lol. I know I am more than grateful that he is doing it for nothing its just that I've been hitching rides to and from school and work all week when my car just sat there. I mean I could've picked it up and dropped it back off when he had what he needed. O well, such as life.

I cant wait to find out more details later on about the movie when I see him though. Hopefully he has the name of the movie and when it will be coming out.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:34 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Wanted to give you guys on here some updates. I just picked up my car and got more details on the movie my car is going to be in. The movie is called GOAT and it stars Armand Assante, Ice Tee, and a few other popular actors and is about a mob familys crime history throughout Brooklyn. It should be coming out sometime in July or August of this summer he said, and my car is seen towards the end of the movie when one of the mobsters is shot.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:28 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

oh nice....here's the movie from IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598172/