Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boss 302 / CS Fascia advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:09 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Default Boss 302 / CS Fascia advice

Hey all, I've decided to go for a somewhat Boss 302 styled front appearance for my stang, I've blacked out my fogs in front which gives the front grille a very 302 styled appearance, and decided that I'd love to get the CS front Fascia and boss splitter to finish off the look. My question being, I don't want to get the fog lamps in the fascia, however most companies seem to be selling them with either gaping holes or fog lights. I think the look with gaping holes would be really stupid.

Anybody have any idea where I could pick up some black out pieces to fill the holes in?

Also wanted to ask if anybody knew a good reference as to how to paint plastic (have the idea of painting the border of the main grille to make it look a bit more like the grabber blue 302) while I'm on that idea, where do you think i could find grabber blue in spray form? or would it be smarter to just have a shop do it for not much?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM
DPE
2nd Gear Member

I could be wrong, but on the Boss I think the airdam comes with the holes filled in (seem to recall it looking that way at the auto show), and then you drill them out with a hole saw for brake ducting or fog lights etc. So it would be a matter of finding the Boss-specific part vs. the CS part, if Ford offers such a thing. I have the CS part from AM, and it has the holes that you don't want. That's about all I can tell you; on paint I know nothing.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

The lower valance on the Boss is the same as the CS cars have had since 2010. They come with holes but for brake ducts or fog lights. That panel with the holes is removable but I have never seen anything other than the ones with holes. The valance is rubber and it is very hard to get the paint to stick to it go to a pro or leave it alone. The grill surround is hard plastic and it is easy to paint.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
The lower valance on the Boss is the same as the CS cars have had since 2010. They come with holes but for brake ducts or fog lights. That panel with the holes is removable but I have never seen anything other than the ones with holes. The valance is rubber and it is very hard to get the paint to stick to it go to a pro or leave it alone. The grill surround is hard plastic and it is easy to paint.
Oh yeah I was only talking about the grill surround rather than the valance. I think the grabber blue accents particularly between the headlights and the center of the grille will break things up a little in a good way.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:57 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Here is a glimpse of your POSSIBLE future borrowed from a friends car. I like the fogs but maybe you can get the fogs and black them out.