Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feelin' ambitious...

Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by allinon72
Don't rush...valve covers alone are an all-day job!
I don't plan on rushing them at all. I am having my brother help me who's actually a painter by trade so I'm going to remove them and prep them then while he sprays them, I will move on to the lights.

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Haha it will def. lighten up your interior!
You're not kidding! I would love some sunshine in my life right now but that would be a bit much! haha

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
Didn't get to painting my steering wheel this weekend, but still planning on it. I did get to do this though.
That looks very nice, I bet you're happy with the finished product.

Oh and I decided while I'm at it I'd take a shot at doing my brake calipers so I bought the duplicolor kit in red! Can't wait for that to be done. I'm also in the process of having a local vinyl shop create me a "flame" template so I can lay out a flame on my valve covers...I think it's going to turn out awesome!

Last edited by bakerjd; 05-11-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:12 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Decided to do some work...I've got a couple things to fix but I think for the most part it turned out amazing...round 1, almost done...on to the center console/center trim. (after I fix a few things I fouled up)

^ I hit this with the can when I was clear coating another piece and mistakingly tried to "lightly sand" it immediately...lol, going to sand it down when I get off work and repaint it tomorrow morning.

and yes I have a dumbbell rack in my bedroom, haha
Old 05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Blah, and here I was all this time thinking you will paint to match your exterior. I've been thinking about painting my steering wheel inserts to match. Console been done for 3 years lol. Silver still looks good if you didn't have it, but I have the IUP which is slowly getting boring. Looking forward to see the end result.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I don't have the ***** to go all out yellow haha...I have the IUP as well but my steering wheel had dings and misc stuff that needed touched up. I'm not sure if I like the metallic silver, wish I could find a good chrome but we'll see what I can come up with.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Looks good so far. I want to see pics after you get them installed. Thinking about doing a little painting myself.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
Looks good so far. I want to see pics after you get them installed. Thinking about doing a little painting myself.
Thanks man, I'll put some pics up for sure once I reinstall them.

After a long night of work and thinking about my paint job on these I've decided to redo it all and change some things up. I'll post pics when I get done with these. They didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted but I'm taking it as a learning process. Should be good practice for my valve covers
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

whats iup?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

IUP = Interior Upgrade Package
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

interior upgrade package.

OP what's the next step ? Might as well go yellow. there's plenty of sand paper to go around if you don't like it. lol
I got about 6 extra center consoles if you mess that part up lol
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
interior upgrade package.

OP what's the next step ? Might as well go yellow. there's plenty of sand paper to go around if you don't like it. lol
I got about 6 extra center consoles if you mess that part up lol
I could go yellow with the console but I'm going to attempt chrome with some pieces and black with the vent covers. I rushed my paint job the first time b/c I wanted to go to bed haha so this time I'm going to take my time and do it right. I am going to have to play with photoshop and see what I can come up with and if i'd like to attempt yellow. I just always thought of all color match interiors as a ricey thing. Also, i'm installing yellow welt so I don't want to over do it. We'll see, i've got some ideas I might play with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feelin' ambitious...