Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Also check the passenger side carpet by the kickpanel for moisture. Take a tissue and dab the carpet. Hopefully it's the door switch and not the "dreaded you-know-what" TSB issue.
Oh god, I hope not! That would be the absolute worst situation! I checked it and theres not a sign of any water (completely dry and no water residue) so that's good. I have no idea what's going on.

Could the door switch problem possibly be a fuse issue?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:06 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Oh god, I hope not! That would be the absolute worst situation! I checked it and theres not a sign of any water (completely dry and no water residue) so that's good. I have no idea what's going on.

I think if it was a fuse issue it wouldn't work at all on the side, but hey what do I know .

And Rick, we finally agree!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

^true, I was just throwing something out there...I'm just going to take it to the shop that installed the alarm system tomorrow morning after work. I'll let you know what's going on. If they can't help, i'll stop by the dealership.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd

I only mentioned the water leak TSB solely because the problem surfaced following the car being involved with water. I also do hope it's something less... severe.

Here's the link to the manual which includes wiring diagrams. You can drill-down to those for the interior lighting.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=1

I'd ask the shop to mark-up the wiring diagram for where they tapped the alarm system in. It's called "configuration control".

Last edited by Nuke; 05-23-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Baker, I have a Clifford system on my car that was put back in 2006 and I rarely have it armed mainly because its a PITA. I did have one occurence about 2 months ago where I was driving to work on the interstate and the alarm just went off, so I don't know where that came from!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

These cars are programmable in strange, undocumented ways.

Once I somehow programmed my car to lock the doors every time I turned off the engine and got out of the car. I think some combination of key-on/key-off and pushing the lock/unlock buttons did taht.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:28 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

It has been dead at the shop so I took a look at the door. No mechanical switch was found in the door frame...guess that would have been too easy, right?
The switch has to be either in the swingarm that goes back in the door on the hinge side or on the rear latch when you close the door to tell the puter that it is closed. If it was a fuse I doubt the puter would even recognize the door was open at all, but at the same time it could produce an open circuit that would say it was open all the time...so idk.
I have had the old plunger style switches go bad a few times over the years and hosed them down with wd40 for a quick fix until I could replace them, so it very well could be the problem, but unforchanetly you will have to remove door components to find out.

Last edited by mayo; 05-23-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

After taking a quick look at the wiring diagram, is there any chance that you hit the dimmer switch for the dash lights? Turned full on, it turns on the dome (map) lights. It's happened before...
Old 05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
After taking a quick look at the wiring diagram, is there any chance that you hit the dimmer switch for the dash lights? Turned full on, it turns on the dome (map) lights. It's happened before...
After looking at the diagram this morning I realized the same thing and yes, map lights problem solved but what explains the door issue? I'm lost
Old 05-23-2011, 01:56 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

do you have a OBDII code reader / tuner?

Quick Reply: Quick question