Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD BAMA TUNES????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 02:37 PM
stevejf

Originally Posted by MeanStang08
i went through a little bit of this with Doug @ bama... it ultimately came down to me having put a bigger GT500 TB on, and it was faulty.. kept sending me to limp-mode.. (which i REALLY hate).. i ended up taking it off, then put in the race tune with 93 oct. and everything worked out.. i know there were some ECU issues with the 2008 models.. but now i'm s/c and dyno tuned with Brenspeed.. no problems..

my personal opinon is that it can never be properly tuned without doing it on the dyno..

good luck man..
ive use swanson performance in the past and hes right on with his tunes even with his mail tunes . but he dose not have the software for the 2011 5.0 yet. ive had a gt500,lightning,03 cobra and he tuned them all with never a problem at all.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Maybe if you post this in the Americanracing forum you'll get an answer you can use....
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by stevejf
there free from bama as long as you purchase the tuner from them
those aren't "DYNO" tunes..
Old 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Well, not entirely. The tunes are created from their dyno experience. What I mean is they know what each parameter should be/work based on the mods you have from all of the countless hours spent on the dyno.

This is different from canned tunes where they blindly modify A/F R, Timing, and other stuff so it works and maybe gives you a bit more power. The competition/canned tunes don't have the extensive dynoed Mustang knowledge at their disposal.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by Derf00
Maybe if you post this in the Americanracing forum you'll get an answer you can use....
American Muscle
Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 PM
stevejf

Well, not entirely. The tunes are created from their dyno experience. What I mean is they know what each parameter should be/work based on the mods you have from all of the countless hours spent on the dyno.

This is different from canned tunes where they blindly modify A/F R, Timing, and other stuff so it works and maybe gives you a bit more power. The competition/canned tunes don't have the extensive dynoed Mustang knowledge at their disposal.

man i know all that sorry for the mis reading.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM
stevejf

i just call and orderd a tune from evoloution performance so well see what happends

i live to far from a dyno. i have to drive 500 miles to get a dyno tune.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

valid points.. wasn't trying to say otherwise.. but please also remember sometimes there are "bugs" in the ECUs.. sometimes "canned" tunes don't work for all ECUs... was basically all i was trying to state..

so far.. the only issues with tunes for me from either Bama or Brenspeed have been because of equipment problems, not the tunes themselves...

just trying to help and put in

i'm no proffessional, don't claim to be.. don't know everything.. don't want to.. lol
Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by stevejf
i just call and orderd a tune from evoloution performance so well see what happends

i live to far from a dyno. i have to drive 500 miles to get a dyno tune.
hope that works out for you!

oh man.. and i thought my 70 miles was too much.. lol
Old 05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

whoops.. double post.. sorry

Last edited by MeanStang08; 05-31-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: BAD BAMA TUNES????