Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 'vert wind deflector choices ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Tail-Dragon

Default 2005 'vert wind deflector choices ?

Hi
New to the forum, and I'd like to ask opinions of those in the know. I'm looking for a wind deflector (I like the look of the aluminum frame-mesh ones)
and can't decide between the "American Muscle" and the "Love To Drive" versions. Has anyone had experience with either? Comments, problems, fit etc?

Thanks
Tail-Dragon
Old 06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Tail-Dragon

bump.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:34 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

I have the Love to Drive unit now. So far I like it a lot. I've used it for about a year. Here's my take.

Good points: Fits perfectly because it was designed specifically for the 2005-10 Mustang. It works as promised. With the windows down, I get a pleasant light stream of air across the top of my head but absolutely NO back pressure or turbulence. My wife and daughter will drive me with me now because their hair doesn't get messed up. With the windows up, it's almost like having a gigantic sunroof. I have driven with the top down on 45 degree sunny days with the heater on. There warm air remains in the cabin. I also hear the stereo clearly, even on the highway. Because the product also screens over the rear seat area, there's no backflow blowing across the arm rest. Cups remain in the cupholders. There's the option to flop the upright part of the screen down. Doing so cures the backflow issues but allows more breeze. I do this mainly for in town driving on nice days. I can snap in the unit by myself in less than 10 minutes. Finally, since the screen covers the backseat, I can toss stuff on the backseat and it won't blow away. When I park, I roll up the windows and no one can reach in and grab anything on the back seat.

Cons: This model renders the backseat unusable. It will store in the trunk but covers the entire surface area.

Actually, I want to sell my unit. I have gotten allergies and so don't put my top down much anymore. It's in like new condition and I'll make you a deal. Message me if you are interested.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Tail-Dragon

Default Convertible wind deflectors

Thanks, Any idea how it compares with the American Muscle version. From the pictures, it seems that the AM version sits a little further aft, and has less in the way of straps. The positionig is important to me as I am reasonably tall, and drive with the seat well back and reclined, and dont want interferrence with the deflector. Also, I wonder about the construction quality, are they similar, or is one more durable than the other?

Thanks
Tail-Dragon
Old 06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

I have the Love to Drive model as well. I don't think you will have any tropuble with the seat all the way back. The A.M one has angled sides I believe. I looked at both and decided on this one. Love it. You won't be dissapointed.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:08 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Tail-Dragon, I'm also pretty tall. I move my driver's seat all the way back and like to recline my seats. I don't have any clearance issues at all with the Love the Drive unit. I was just about to list this thing on Ebay. I'll cut you a special price to save me the trouble. Just let me know. You aren't set up to receive private messages.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Tail-Dragon

Default Wind Deflectors

Hi Atldave, I've sent you a message regarding your deflector.
Thanks
Tail-Dragon
Old 06-09-2011, 07:40 AM
FloRida Livin
Former Sponsor

We do offer an alternative that is less expensive, stows in a small pouch and doesn't take up the back seat... Check out the link below and see the videos. It also installs / removes in 45 seconds instead of ten minutes.
Also- 10% off for Mustang Forum Members
Be sure to mention that in the comment section if you place an order please.
Either way you go you will definitely get more use out of your convertible!
Happy Motoring.