Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Steeda pan hard brace, both of them !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

The stock PHB has stuff inside it intentionally, most likely for NVH reasons. The only functional difference between that and your Steeda braces is that the Steeda braces don't have as much "loose stuff" floating around inside. I can't imagine you ever hearing it above even tire noise, let alone wind noise/exhaust/radio. There are quite a few things that might seem 'defective' in some manner when inspected separately and off the car which can be completely acceptable once installed on the car. This is just another one.

Kind of separate, but a PHB brace isn't a particularly worthwhile mod. Unless you plan on frequently hitting curbs you won't need the strength - which would then lead to something more expensive breaking instead. Appearance-wise it's almost impossible for anybody to see the brace unless you just ran them over, and with that I'm fresh out of possible reasons. So why not see if you can swap the brace back for credit against some other product?

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 07-07-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:51 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Lol @ rain stick, hope everything gets worked out!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:58 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

If I remember correctly, when I took off my stock panhard bar it too sounded like a "rain stick".

The replacement BMR that I used to replace it was quiet.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:49 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Element155
And they don't seem to want to make this situation right.
Woah there chief. We ARE working with you.

First off, you bought the brace from someone else, yet despite that we went ahead and worked with you directly instead of sending you back to the dealer who earned your business and therefore typically should be servicing their customer base.

The issue isnt cleaning of the parts before assembly. The issue is that sometimes when you weld a little weld splatter will drop inside the tube. This happens with strut tower braces, the panhard bar brace in question here, etc... This will occasionally happen to ANY manufacturer that welds tubing. This is not unique to us or our product. While it is not unusual to get more than one in the same batch, it is unusual you would get 2 in a row considering the first one was from a different dealer and a separate batch, but regardless it is possible and is what happened in this case.

As Norm mentioned, a little bit of weld splatter inside the brace will be completely inaudible inside the car. Keep in mind the brace is not going to move in the car like it does when you are purposely flipping it over with your hands to hear the weld splatter moving around inside the tube. In addition, even if the weld splatter could be contantly moving in the tube the sound would be too low to be heard over anything else going on, even over stock exhaust or road noise.

Also just to clarify for everyone we are talking about the panhard bar brace, not the panhard bar itself. The factory panhard bar has what looks like lead buck shot inside of it supposedly for NVH purposes. The brace is a separate piece that is meant to provide extra support for the chassis and the panhard bar mounting bracket which tends to flex under load, although the factory brace itself is pretty flimsy. I can easily grab it with my hand and flex it by hand.

Our brace is a magnitude stronger and the brace you have will work exactly as it should without making noise inside the vehicle.

If this is not acceptable to you we will be glad to send you a call tag to return the brace back to us.

Last edited by SteedaGus; 07-07-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Wow. This thread has given a whole new meaning to the word "****".

"****.... it ain't just for ****".
Old 07-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Shotokan1509
2nd Gear Member

I've only had great customer service from Steeda, they obtained parts for me that no one else could and I received them very quickly for a good price.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I also have never had anything but great service from Steeda.
And I would never call them directly about a part I bought from a vendor.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
Woah there chief. We ARE working with you.

First off, you bought the brace from someone else, yet despite that we went ahead and worked with you directly instead of sending you back to the dealer who earned your business and therefore typically should be servicing their customer base.

The issue isnt cleaning of the parts before assembly. The issue is that sometimes when you weld a little weld splatter will drop inside the tube. This happens with strut tower braces, the panhard bar brace in question here, etc... This will occasionally happen to ANY manufacturer that welds tubing. This is not unique to us or our product. While it is not unusual to get more than one in the same batch, it is unusual you would get 2 in a row considering the first one was from a different dealer and a separate batch, but regardless it is possible and is what happened in this case.

As Norm mentioned, a little bit of weld splatter inside the brace will be completely inaudible inside the car. Keep in mind the brace is not going to move in the car like it does when you are purposely flipping it over with your hands to hear the weld splatter moving around inside the tube. In addition, even if the weld splatter could be contantly moving in the tube the sound would be too low to be heard over anything else going on, even over stock exhaust or road noise.

Also just to clarify for everyone we are talking about the panhard bar brace, not the panhard bar itself. The factory panhard bar has what looks like lead buck shot inside of it supposedly for NVH purposes. The brace is a separate piece that is meant to provide extra support for the chassis and the panhard bar mounting bracket which tends to flex under load, although the factory brace itself is pretty flimsy. I can easily grab it with my hand and flex it by hand.

Our brace is a magnitude stronger and the brace you have will work exactly as it should without making noise inside the vehicle.

If this is not acceptable to you we will be glad to send you a call tag to return the brace back to us.

Good on you for setting the matter straight. Reputations are easily tarnished and not so easily polished. Yours is looking fine.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by SteedaGus

...The factory panhard bar has what looks like lead buck shot inside of it supposedly for NVH purposes...
I was gonna mention that but you beat me to it...
I cut my factory one for fun after I bought an adjustable one and I kept the buck shot for my shotgun.
Hey, how much extra on your panhard bar, would you charge if you included butt wipes in the package for "Special" customers?? Just curious, lol.

Good for you for chiming in that thread.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

spoke to steed again today, this time got a guy named don who thoroughly impressed me, he admitted that bits of slag from the final weld beak off in the bar and pointed out that the factory pan hard bar has title lead ***** in it, he told me that he would send a retune lab but urged me to give it a shot, so Saturday were gonna give it shot and if i don't hear anything while driving and it works well, ill just keep it, if i'm unhappy ill send it back with the other. it was also brought to my attention the the freak guy is 80, so ill give him a pass to for life experience. All in all Don won over and is taking care of everything so I'm happier, although still wish it was not the case.

Quick Reply: BAD Steeda pan hard brace, both of them !!!