Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger for 08 Shelby GT-H question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 05:56 PM
87Unicorn
1st Gear Member

Default Supercharger for 08 Shelby GT-H question...

stupid question but its not for me, i know someone with an 08 shelby gt-h and hes planning on a supercharger, i asked him if the car is setup for it fuel system wise, and he said the injectors are heavy duty enough and doesnt need bigger rails or fuel pump, also that its not a twin screw and that it is one that attaches to the throttle body, this makes no sense to me i think he means a centrifical charger but w.e....anybody have some insight into this? the car has about 2000km's on it so thats another reason i told him to steer clear of the charger kit for now, i would hate to watch a shelby blow a brand new motor due to ignorance, any help? thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Does he know what size injectors he already has? "Heavy duty" doesn't really say much. My 39lb injectors might be heavy duty for me, and might be pathetic compared to someone running 18 lbs of boost.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:57 PM
87Unicorn
1st Gear Member

he didnt tell me he just said heavy duty, the problem with this is the person wanting to upgrade doesnt know what hes upgrading (no knowledge of forced induction at all) so he asked me if it was a good idea and i said no, i would put money on it that stock injectors and the rest of the system isnt gonna cut it if he wants a supercharger but he said it was fine, he said 6500 at shelby all said and done, i find this very cheap if a new fuel system is included in that price even tho i think this engine is just a GT 4.6L any thoughts? whatever comes stock on a 4.6L is pretty much all what he is dealing with, unless shelby tweaked that engine abit
Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Are you saying Shelby is going to install the system for him? If so they know what they are doing and it should be fine. If the system is being removed from a Shelby for him to install then he probably isn't getting everything he needs and he better do a lot more research than ask you to do it for him, you don't want him to blame you when the engine blows.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:54 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

a SC kit will have everything you need for a stock Mustang. fuel upgrades, and plugs.
sounds like its a centri.
Shelby used to use Paxtons a long time ago.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
87Unicorn
1st Gear Member

nooo i wont be installing it, i think he sends his car down to nevada to get it done from b.c canada hahah i would understand it being done if shelby was closer but w.e not my car, he told me the kit is a centrifical paxton novi charger, hes not doing all the research he should be doing which is gonna bite him in the *** later, which is where i come in i guess, but again not my car.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 87Unicorn
nooo i wont be installing it, i think he sends his car down to nevada to get it done from b.c canada hahah i would understand it being done if shelby was closer but w.e not my car, he told me the kit is a centrifical paxton novi charger, hes not doing all the research he should be doing which is gonna bite him in the *** later, which is where i come in i guess, but again not my car.
Is your caps key broken? Keyboards are cheap makes reading your posts a lot easier if you get it fixed.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:47 PM
87Unicorn
1st Gear Member

You mean proper grammar right? I suppose if it is going to get a post quicker I guess i could do that.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Your friends shelby is a plane jane GT with a shifter, cool paint job and a different PCM programming than the normal. The stock mustang fuel system can handle relatively high HP levels with new injectors and a Boost-a-pump or a GT500 pump.

As for blowers, we need to know which kit he is using. Paxton/Novi are interchangeable. The companies sell combination kits that start with basic low boost applications...to more wild setups.

The mid-level kit is intercooled and comes with everything your buddy will need to make great power and is safe. Most guys can expect low to mid 450 RWHP with good tuning.

Originally Posted by 87Unicorn
You mean proper grammar right? I suppose if it is going to get a post quicker I guess i could do that.
that is the point. It hurt my head trying to read your twitter gibberish at first. You have a full querty keyboard, please utilize.