Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 mach 1 CJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 05 mach 1 CJ

I don't care what people call their cars. If you want to name it Mach 2, name it Mach 2. People are naming their cars GT350 on here and they don't get any questions why they named it that. Name it anything but RICE. I think I'll call mine GT Mach Cobra.

Just my .02 worth.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:31 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

it would be great if you hadn't stuck "mach 1" on there. Why would you do that? That's like buying a V6 and putting GT emblems on it.

Don't get me wrong, I don;t meant to criticize, but that car is nice as hell as a GT and all the body stuff looks great but I don't get why you would want Mach 1 decals on it.

+1

Might as well put a Cobra emblem on one side and a Lightning emblem on the other
Old 09-07-2005, 02:14 AM
05 mach 1

# 1 I have been looking at post after post for months on this forum and see people put all kinds of stripes , decals, bull horns ,ect on there cars . The mustang is and always will be a car that people want to customize to there own specifications . # 2 If I could have been able to buy a 2005 Mach 1 I would have but as you know ford is going to shove out as many base cars as it can before they bring out the candy . They know that at leat half of the sales on GT s now will also be new sales for the Machs and cobras to come . Basicly they know how to milk us . # 3 I am almost 52 and when I was 18 I had a 69 Mach 1 CJ with Hurst Shifter . ( yes I wish I still had it ) anyway making this car to look like the old days has been fun for me . I am sending Pics to fords web site maybe they will get a kick out off this and bring out the new mach 1 sooner . One More thing I am now working under the hood to make my GT proud and maybe powerful enough to be called Mach 1 ( no cheating here ) ken
Old 09-07-2005, 01:23 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

# 1 I have been looking at post after post for months on this forum and see people put all kinds of stripes , decals, bull horns ,ect on there cars . The mustang is and always will be a car that people want to customize to there own specifications . # 2 If I could have been able to buy a 2005 Mach 1 I would have but as you know ford is going to shove out as many base cars as it can before they bring out the candy . They know that at leat half of the sales on GT s now will also be new sales for the Machs and cobras to come . Basicly they know how to milk us . # 3 I am almost 52 and when I was 18 I had a 69 Mach 1 CJ with Hurst Shifter . ( yes I wish I still had it ) anyway making this car to look like the old days has been fun for me . I am sending Pics to fords web site maybe they will get a kick out off this and bring out the new mach 1 sooner . One More thing I am now working under the hood to make my GT proud and maybe powerful enough to be called Mach 1 ( no cheating here ) ken
Isn't that what America is all about, being your own self? +1 on this post, personalize that car any way you want and name it what you want. That is one reason why Ford let this car out the door the way they did. There is nothing fancy about this car, just the retro styling it represents. Look at Saleen, Roush, CDC and others who make the aftermarket add ons that everyone is going after. If it wasn't for Ford in letting it out the door the way they did, there wouldn't be that many aftermarket products. I am a little younger than 05 mach 1 but I remember the good ole days of the muscle cars and there wasn't near the number of aftermarket products out there like there is today.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:38 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Don't get me wrong, the car looks awesome... just personally, I don't like it when people try to make it something it's not.

I've seen SVT and Cobra emblems on V6 Mustangs, I've seen Lightning emblems on F-150 Supercrews, Lexus emblems on Camrys, Cadilac emblems on Silverados and even an Acura emblem on a Kia Spectra.

Someone who doesn't know better is going to see your car and tell people there is an '05 Mach 1, just like the guy who I won $20 from because he swore up and down there was an '05 Cobra, but he simply saw an '05 GT with Cobra decals and wheels.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:01 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

Isn't that what America is all about, being your own self? +1 on this post, personalize that car any way you want and name it what you want. That is one reason why Ford let this car out the door the way they did. There is nothing fancy about this car, just the retro styling it represents. Look at Saleen, Roush, CDC and others who make the aftermarket add ons that everyone is going after. If it wasn't for Ford in letting it out the door the way they did, there wouldn't be that many aftermarket products. I am a little younger than 05 mach 1 but I remember the good ole days of the muscle cars and there wasn't near the number of aftermarket products out there like there is today.
sure. call it whatever you want and enjoy it. It's your car. This has nothing to do with Saleen or Roush or anyone who customizes mustangs nor does it have anything to do with the availibility of aftermarket parts. Nobody ever mentioned anything like that. I'm not quite as experienced 05mach1 either but I have been wrenching on cars for better than 25 years and I don't know where you are from but I can always remember a very strong aftermarket. I really doubt that "ford let it out the door that way" to support the aftermarket LOL.

I'm all for customizing your ride and making it your own. I'm also all for aftermarket parts too. I just questioned your choice of names. In my mind, it's no different than a kid who puts Type R on a civic.

By the way, like i said in the first place, i do happen to think it looks really cool and i love the hood on it. No offence was intended. Rock that "mach" and enjoy it.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:03 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: SilverR1_04

Don't get me wrong, the car looks awesome... just personally, I don't like it when people try to make it something it's not.

I've seen SVT and Cobra emblems on V6 Mustangs, I've seen Lightning emblems on F-150 Supercrews, Lexus emblems on Camrys, Cadilac emblems on Silverados and even an Acura emblem on a Kia Spectra.

Someone who doesn't know better is going to see your car and tell people there is an '05 Mach 1, just like the guy who I won $20 from because he swore up and down there was an '05 Cobra, but he simply saw an '05 GT with Cobra decals and wheels.
That is the point I was tring to make. Thankfully, you are more eloquent than I am LOL. [8D]
Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 PM
05 mach 1

No offense is taken . I am sorry you think I am sort of stealing the mach 1 name . I just have to tell you that 2 years ago my sons and I went to the Detroit auto show to see the unveiling of the new Mustang . I will never forget fighting thru a huge crowd to finally lay my eyes on that car. Ford write ups were saying it was 67,68 ( and I can see that in the car ) but no, I saw my car from 30 years ago . From that day I knew what I was going to do , and 2 years later it was done .
So every weekend I get in my car , turn on "Three Dog Night" and remember some pretty good old times . No need to respond any more (if it was right or wrong) to" mach up " my car, we will just all be good mustang friends from here on .
Old 09-07-2005, 11:14 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

That is the point I was tring to make. Thankfully, you are more eloquent than I am LOL. [8D]
Don't worry, it's just because you're Canadian.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:20 PM
wcracer
1st Gear Member

I'm with 05 Mach1, I don't want a Mustang that anyone else can go out and buy. My 05 draws a crowd everywhere I go with it.
I have fun building custom cars and the new Mustang is no different.

I also had a 1969 Mach 1 in high school and I still have it.

You can see some of my other cars here halemotorsports

Randy
Hale Motorsports

[IMG]local://upfiles/12576/2B33F9E32C3C4DF69260A981AA7A1601.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 05 mach 1 CJ